Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So confused.

1. Katie
    Katie
    AIT-- Fort Knox, soon to be Baumholder Germany

Confused So confused.

Advertisements
    So, my husband got his orders for Germany.. 2 weeks ago. His 1S emailed him forms for the EFMP process, but I was told the the DA Form 5888 must be filled out first.. does anyone know about this? I understand that each branch is different, my husband is in the Army and in AIT right now in Kentucky and I'm at home in North Carolina..

Can anyone tell me what I need to do from here.. Does my husband need to get that form before I can get my screening?

Anyone that can share their stories or answer my questions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much..
  2. Senior Member
    I've never even seen that form (but it says Army on it and DH is Air Force). I would call the closest Army base and see what they say you need.
  3. Katie
    Katie
    I've called them five times now and know one will help me..they keep telling me different things. It's aggravating!! lol..
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by his807 View Post
    I've called them five times now and know one will help me..they keep telling me different things. It's aggravating!! lol..
    I'm sorry I'm confuse just like you are...but my husband is deployed...and I have no clue either...since we're leaving for Germany in Oct...I hope someone can give you more help
  5. Katie
    Katie
    Thank you!, We don't know what unit he's going to be in yet.. so I'm thinking I might have to wait to do this until after he gets to Germany