Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Carson anyone?

1. Regular Member

Fort Carson anyone?

Advertisements
    Anyone here at or have been at Fort Carson, CO? My DB is headed there next and we're trying to find out as much info as we can. Any suggestions for housing, what to do in the area, or anything you think we should know?
    Thanks!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I lived in the area for a long time before I was married. Fort Carson is very very nice. I would probably live on post there. If you want to live off post you want to go North toward Monument or Castle Rock. Its an easy commute until the winter. Monument hill is a nightmare. My husband says Black Forest is really nice. It is about 20miles north of Carson but further south than Monument. Send me a message if you want anymore info! I'd be happy to help.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    San Antonio, Texas/ Germany come Feb 2011

Cloud 9 I lived in Colorado for six years!

I agree that Castle Rock & Black Forest are great suburbs! I grew up in The Springs and there are really nice neighborhoods to be seen: Broadmoor Hills, Gleneagle(where I lived), and University Park! It's so convenient to do things on the weekends when you live close to the city, garden of the gods was my favorite. They have Old Colorado City which is the cutesy part of town with boutiques and cafe restaurants. While in Colorado I wouldn't miss: hiking the falls, pikes peak, visit to downtown Denver, skiing winter park, mountain climbing, and white water rafting!
  4. Regular Member
    thank you both for all the info! i've been busy with school and going to DB's family day this past weekend (yay!), so it's taken me awhile to reply.
  5. Regular Member
    Im at fort carson now, about to be in germany. I love it here, though the endless winters are a bit annoying. One day it is warm the next freezing. youll hear ' if you dont like the weather wait ten minutes it will change' and 'colorado has two seasons, july and winter' lol. If you love the outdoors youll love it here! We have lived off and on post. Off was by the broadmoor, expensive, nice area but our cars and neighbors had been broken into alot! On post is great depending on rank, some housing is old. Check out their new,utilty policy too! They take all your bah and you usually pay electric and gas. Downtown colorado springs is not fun but denver is! Castle rock outlet mall is awesome! Fort carson is one of the better posts we have been to. germany next!!
  6. Regular Member
    Im at Ft. Carson right now! We live on post, its okay. For the bah we fork over we dont really think its worth it. DH is deploying soon so it wasnt worth it to break are lease and move.

Colorado Springs is great, there alot of out doors things to do and alot of great resturants to try!

If you have any other questions or just want to make a friend from carson just pm me!
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyandholly View Post
    Im at fort carson now, about to be in germany. I love it here, though the endless winters are a bit annoying. One day it is warm the next freezing. youll hear ' if you dont like the weather wait ten minutes it will change' and 'colorado has two seasons, july and winter' lol. If you love the outdoors youll love it here! We have lived off and on post. Off was by the broadmoor, expensive, nice area but our cars and neighbors had been broken into alot! On post is great depending on rank, some housing is old. Check out their new,utilty policy too! They take all your bah and you usually pay electric and gas. Downtown colorado springs is not fun but denver is! Castle rock outlet mall is awesome! Fort carson is one of the better posts we have been to. germany next!!

ooohhh, germany sounds exciting!! haha, i'm from PA, so i'm used to cold/winter. that's a funny saying though.
    well, DB is an E3 and we're not married, so he'll have to live in barracks. do you have any recommendations for safe areas to live in off post? i'm not super concerned about price since i still have a year before i'd move anyway.
    hmm, paying electric and gas doesnt' seem too bad since we'd have to pay that off post anyway.
    by downtown not being fun, do you mean not much to do or it's not a safe area?
    thanks for replying!
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisRoo View Post
    Im at Ft. Carson right now! We live on post, its okay. For the bah we fork over we dont really think its worth it. DH is deploying soon so it wasnt worth it to break are lease and move.

Colorado Springs is great, there alot of out doors things to do and alot of great resturants to try!

If you have any other questions or just want to make a friend from carson just pm me!

DB will be in the barracks and ill be off post. any suggestions for the safer areas in CS? i don't want to be somewhere i don't know anyone and be worrying about my car/apartment getting broken into!

thanks for the reply! we won't be out there for awhile, but ill look you up sometime i'm out there!
  9. Regular Member
    Downtown, not safe or fun lol. Colorado springs has bad neighborhoods sprinkled all over , not so much a part of town. But stay away from

South nevada street
    Airport
    Murray
    Galley
    Southgate
    B street

Outside gate 3 are nice apartments, cheap close to post.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyandholly View Post
    Downtown, not safe or fun lol. Colorado springs has bad neighborhoods sprinkled all over , not so much a part of town. But stay away from

South nevada street
    Airport
    Murray
    Galley
    Southgate
    B street

Outside gate 3 are nice apartments, cheap close to post.

thank you!! i really appreciate it, since i'd have no idea about things like that. do you know the name of the apartments near gate 3? that sounds pretty ideal. i've also heard that a lot of people live in fountain...know anything about good places there?