Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCSing to Germany

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

PCSing to Germany

Advertisements
    My husband has orders to Wiesbaden Germany, I was wondering if anybody can give me some good tips on what to expect? This is our first move, do we have to live on post? what are the housing like? how long did it take for your stuff to get there? Thanks for anything you can give me.
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

First Welcome, please introduce yourself in the newbies section when you get at chance.

As far as moving, you will have to go through the Command Sponsorship process which can take a few months, so start that as soon as you can. Depending on his rank will depend on if they let him live off base, but having dependants changes that a little as well. Honestly, living OCONUS, I prefer to live in mil hopusing as there are people you can relate to more.

I don't know what the housing is like, however you should be able to go on the base website and get some idea.

Shipping household items depends. Your unaccompanied baggage (stuff you will need pretty soon after you get there, but you don't personally take with you) usually take 2-4 weeks and the rest of the stuff 4-6 weeks, depending on how long it takes to go through customs and stuff.

Check out the OCONUS forum as well. There are a few ladies in Germany on here

3. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    We are headed to the same place. We will be there this summer, and are still working through everything.

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  4. Senior Member
    welcome to MSOS. :]
    im currently in wiesbaden and looove it here. its so nice. most of the housing just got completely renovated, so they're all really nice and new. but no you dont have to live on post. there are plently of people that live in the surround areas. the houses or apts around here are gorgeous especially if you get one near the downtown area which is only a 3 minute drive from the base.

if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by oxsarahjane View Post
    welcome to MSOS. :]
    im currently in wiesbaden and looove it here. its so nice. most of the housing just got completely renovated, so they're all really nice and new. but no you dont have to live on post. there are plently of people that live in the surround areas. the houses or apts around here are gorgeous especially if you get one near the downtown area which is only a 3 minute drive from the base.

if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
    thanks for the help!