Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Express packout

1. Regular Member

Jump for Joy Express packout

Advertisements
    We are getting ready to have out express packout, any suggestions of what to put in it. I realize the basics like lines and things. But anyother things that yall would suggest would be awesome.
  2. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    For ours, I wanted to set up like a make shift house/camping environment to get us through in relative comfort until our stuff arrived without having to buy a bunch of stuff when we got here, so I sent (we're campers, so we already had all of this stuff):

*Camping chairs
    *Folding camping table
    *Cots
    *Air mattress
    *Sleeping bags
    *Pillows
    *pillow cases
    *half our towels
    *an entire bathroom set from one of our bathrooms so we'd have one to use as soon as we got there (shower curtain, curtain holders, shower curtain rod, soap dispenser, toothbrush holder, garbage can, floor rugs)
    *half of all my cooking stuff: pots, pans, cooking utensils, tongs, silverware, strainer, can opener, cheese grater, knives
    *1 Plastic tote full of DD's toys to occupy her
    *A small extra stick vacuum we have (the big regular one went with the reg. HHG) to use in place of a broom and vacuum
    *A swiffer wet jet we had (left my mop with us and actually threw it out as we left instead of bringing it with us)
    *My hand held steam cleaner (the full size one went with the reg. HHG)
    *small fans in case our place didn't have air conditioning
    *Clothes, shoes, raincoats, light coats, etc. that I wanted sooner than our HHG shipment, but didn't need ASAP in my suitcase to save on the amount of suitcases we carried with us

I think that was it. I can't remember anything else.

Since we moved to Hawaii, I wished I'd also put DD's beach toys, our boogie board, and beach umbrella in our express shipment. That was the only thing I didn't think about and wished we'd had/that I regretted not putting in the express shipment. Especially since DH was on leave when we first got here, and since we didn't have our HHG to put away, we had a lot of free time to go to the beach.
  3. Regular Member
    Thanks so much. you gave me alot of great ideas!!!!!!