Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: usually really oraganized

1. Regular Member

Confused usually really oraganized

Advertisements
    ....I really need some advice. In a very short amount of time I am suppose to be pulling away from California, the only place I have ever known.
    That so much isn't my biggest fear...it's getting everything situated with the move BEFORE i need to leave
    I have less than two weeks left in Cali and I just found out less than a week ago for sure that I was moving. How do you ladies organize this?? I'm usually sooo organized, but I feel like I have sooo much to do that I don't know where to start! It doesn't help I'm doing this ALLL ALONE and am not 100% sure what I should take. (We plan to drive back to cali for his leave, to pick up the rest of the stuff and visit with my family and his.)
    Which also means we have to figure out how to store my stuff and for ME to move it all

Any advice?

Being an Army girlfriend is my superpower

2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    i just packed what I NEEDED into a suitcase (well actually like 4) and flew to tx. had about 4 boxes of leftover stuff mailed to me and that was it!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Regular Member
    Hl
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNCheese View Post
    i just packed what I NEEDED into a suitcase (well actually like 4) and flew to tx. had about 4 boxes of leftover stuff mailed to me and that was it!
    sounds like I need to get rid of a LOT!
    Hmm
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Perhaps....I would really just take and mail what you need, and store the rest. And yes, pare down what you can, because I think you can buy a lot over there. The best bet is having a yard sell and selling most of what you can buy over there, and take the money you make and buy stuff you need over there.
  5. Senior Member
    Yeah... be really critical with what you need/want and what you don't. My general rule is if I haven't thought about it in the past year, donate or toss it. For example, I had been holding onto these flower picture clips for a few years every time I did cleaning. Finally, I just packed them up (along with two heavy duty garbage bags full of other stuff) and donated it.
    Also, make a list. I'm kind of OCD about organizing things and lists are my best friend! Good luck... you can do it. Just breathe, relax and remember everything will get done before you leave.
  6. Senior Member
    I know exactly how you feel. Im close w/ my family and friends and the first time i moved outta state to be w/ dh i was happy but sad at the same time. I was actually kinda depressed didnt know anybody, wasnt used to anything. It took a while for me to come around. I mean who knows it may be different you just might end up loving it and never wanna go back!
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie213 View Post
    Yeah... be really critical with what you need/want and what you don't. My general rule is if I haven't thought about it in the past year, donate or toss it. For example, I had been holding onto these flower picture clips for a few years every time I did cleaning. Finally, I just packed them up (along with two heavy duty garbage bags full of other stuff) and donated it.
    Also, make a list. I'm kind of OCD about organizing things and lists are my best friend! Good luck... you can do it. Just breathe, relax and remember everything will get done before you leave.
    I have already started a couple bags. mostly trash. Stuff I have had forever that I just don't need.
    I like that rule. I think when going through my storage....I will keep that in mind!
    donation might make getting rid of this stuff a lot easier. I will feel like im helping too!

I am OCD as well. I have 4 lists as of right now.
    "what i need to take"
    "to do before i leave"
    -my budget
    "work schedule vs. time"

hehe. im pretty organized its just crazy trying to fit it all in. and alone haha.

8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txgirl22 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. Im close w/ my family and friends and the first time i moved outta state to be w/ dh i was happy but sad at the same time. I was actually kinda depressed didnt know anybody, wasnt used to anything. It took a while for me to come around. I mean who knows it may be different you just might end up loving it and never wanna go back!
    My parents and my little brother moved away a few years ago after i graduated high school. so being away from my parents isn't really the hardest part. its just....i will be away from my parents AND acrossed the country lol.
    i think when i first get there it will be hard. but like when you move anywhere you get into routine.
    im sure i will be on here .... with this sign .....REAL soon.
    esp since lately DB has been working 12 hour days. ''/

I hope i love it. I know I will love being with DB!