Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving from guam to san diego, First PCS

1. Regular Member

Moving from guam to san diego, First PCS

Advertisements
    Hey yall,
    This will be our first PCS as a family and i have no idea what to expect. my hubby is not going to be with us ( my 13 month old son, 2 dogs and I) during the moving part, he will be going to school in great lakes, while he is there im supposed to head to seal beach and get a house (hopefully) on base ans set everything up. Im not letting on to him that im stressed out and have no idea what to do when i get to seal beach, any adive would be awesome!!!!
    Last edited by DeAnna; 03-22-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: wrong final destionation
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't really have any advice, I just wanted to say Hi and I am kind of in the same boat. We are PCSing this summer to San Diego too. DH will be gone for some training so it will be me, a newborn, my 5 year old, and two dogs!

DH has talked to the housing office and they told us to send over our orders, application, and page 2. I've heard that they won't put you on the wait list until his detachment date, but they told us that they would put us on right away because of his crazy training schedule.

There is a lot of good info in some of the San Diego threads about the housing. And you could look at the Lincoln Website...Lincoln Military Housing | Navy, Marine Corp, Army, Air Force

Sorry I'm not much help, I'm still trying to get info myself!
  3. Regular Member
    I called housing this morning, they told me the same thing.my Dh will be gone for about 5.5 months total, great lakes the point loma, so at least he will be close towards the end of his training. One of my biggest worries is about making sure the dogs can stay with us. Housing said only a few communites allow 2 dogs. So hopefully there will be some openings and some not to far from base. Where are yall pcs-ing from?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We are at Eglin AFB in Florida right now. I'm very excited about San Diego. The weather is great. There is Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and Legoland very close. Plus Disney is only about 2 hours away. My son is so excited!

I know what you mean about the dogs. We are hoping for Murphy Canyon. It is the largest community and they allow 2 dogs, and the yards are fenced. I'm hoping we get really lucky and have a place before we get there, or soon after. My fingers are crossed!!!
  5. Regular Member
    Well I found out that we are going to be in Seal Beach, noti n San Diego. I thought they were both on Coronado Island. But One good thing is that the housing is allowing two dogs in the seal beach area housing. when do yall leave flordia? We have 40 days here!!!We are so excited!! For the past 3 years we could not drive more then 30 miles before we hit the ocean.