Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to RAF Lakenheath in June...Sooo stressed

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Moving to RAF Lakenheath in June...Sooo stressed

Advertisements
    We are leaving for England in June..my hubby's report date is 17 June 2010....I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing as far as packing or what to pack...aaahhhhh...so stressed...any advice is welcome
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arae1222 View Post
    We are leaving for England in June..my hubby's report date is 17 June 2010....I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing as far as packing or what to pack...aaahhhhh...so stressed...any advice is welcome
    Here is a good site to get you going. MilitaryHOMEFRONT Home - U.S. Department of Defense

Click on the Plan My Move link and that will generate a schedule for you.

Is this your first move? You are cutting it close for some things.

We are headed to Lakenheath in late August. Can't wait.
  3. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    Whoohooo even more people heading this way Im English and met DH in England so as far as packing stuff and whatnot, I havent done it yet but other questions I'll be happy to answer
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    This will be our first move. We are at Minot AFB now. I have looked at the Military home front page...it was helpful, but I find it more helpful to talk to people who have done it themselves...lol Or at least know someone who has... We are still waiting on hard copies, and from what I understand, you need those to do almost everything....So...what do I pack and what do I leave behind...oh...and I am sooo worried about traveling with my 2 kids...My son,7, and my daughter,2. I hate being disorganized and the military isn't helping much....I hope when we get there, we'll have some clue as to what to do..haha I've read so much about England and I'm so excited to be there..
  5. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    If you have Facebook, join the Lakenheath page and people are always asking and answering questions on PCSing. There is also a "ladies in england" page and there may even be a discussion on people coming over here, with advice and tips.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks so much!!! Lillie...you are from England? How cool....Here's a question I've been dying to ask...How's the weather and what should we pack as far as clothes?? I'm from North Dakota, so I'm used to a temp range from -30 F to 100 F
  7. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    No problem

Yes, I am English!! The weather isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It doesn't always rain. And where the base is in the country, we actually have the lowest rain fall.

This past winter was crazy, we had a lot of snow for a long time! So pack plenty of hoodies, jackets, a good coat, wellies, an umbrella. Also plenty of jeans/trousers. And suitable shoes for the rain and snow. Today it is about 63 F out. (Thats what I read on someones FB page lol)

In the summer, it does get up to high 80's. It will always vary though. So shorts & a tee are just fine...and a bikini to lay out in the sun on the hot days! The heat is kinda sticky.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Sounds great!!! Thanks again!!
  9. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    You're welcome. Anytime! Just PM or something if you need anything incase I miss it in the thread.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    ok..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast