Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS Entitlements

1. Member

PCS Entitlements

Advertisements
    Does anyone have a list or a link to all the entitlments (like DLA but I forget the others) for a PCS move?

Also, what happens when the service memeber and the spouse & kids have to move separately? For instance, my DH has to leave for our new place June 1ish, and I'm staying here with the kids until my stepson finishes school which is around June 10, then driving them down. Do we each get our mileage and expenses?

Thanks!
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

From what I believe they will only pay for 1 veichle to be moved, therefor if your DH is driving to his new duty station, you will not get miliage if you drive. Honestly, if you ask me, to take your kid out of school for 1 week is not going to hurt him or his grades, you would be better all traveling together. JMO

Here is a link that may help you out too.
    Military Lifestyle: Military PCS Relocation

3. Member
    Thanks Sandy for the info.

The June 10 date I gave is actually early. The school is working with us for SS to take his finals early. Without taking his finals he could fail.

I remember on our way to this duty station we drove separately and Dh left a day or two after us to finish up some things at our house. I don't remember if we both got paid for it, but we do have to drive 2 cars again. I wish I kept those papers from our first move!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Navycakes View Post
    Does anyone have a list or a link to all the entitlments (like DLA but I forget the others) for a PCS move?

Also, what happens when the service memeber and the spouse & kids have to move separately? For instance, my DH has to leave for our new place June 1ish, and I'm staying here with the kids until my stepson finishes school which is around June 10, then driving them down. Do we each get our mileage and expenses?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    From what I believe they will only pay for 1 veichle to be moved, therefor if your DH is driving to his new duty station, you will not get miliage if you drive. Honestly, if you ask me, to take your kid out of school for 1 week is not going to hurt him or his grades, you would be better all traveling together. JMO

Here is a link that may help you out too.
    Military Lifestyle: Military PCS Relocation

the bolded is not true- they will pay mileage for 2 vehicles.

OP the entitlements are basically the same if you travel together or seperate- I too would not take my child out of school and would travel later if needed.

the allowances are:

DLA
    MALT
    Per Diem
    TLE/TLA
    PPM ( partial and Full)