Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: shipping POV to Italy

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

shipping POV to Italy

Advertisements
    My husband and I have gone back and forth with this soooo I wanted to know if anyone on here knew how this worked?!? We want to ship my car to Italy but here is the problem the title to the car is in my name and my ex husbands name (which is going to be changed just haven't gone in yet for other reasons) anyway the registration is going to be changed to my husbands name and my name however we won't have a new title stating the car is solely mine when we try and ship it. I do have a divorce decree stating the car is solely mine however didn't know if this would pose a problem with getting my car in Italy once it is shipped. Also we read online about the registration there and it says it has to be registered solely in the service members name and since that isn't me is this going to be a problem? It says online he will need a registration and title and a bunch of other stuff to register it in Italy. Anybody gone through this before? Any advice would be great!
  2. Senior Member
    I think (again not sure) that the title has to be in your or you & your husband's name in order for the shippers to ship it. Other wise they won't know you have legal right to move it.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    I think (again not sure) that the title has to be in your or you & your husband's name in order for the shippers to ship it. Other wise they won't know you have legal right to move it.
    Well the car is in my name but it's also in my ex husbands name as well but it is my car. It's weird I know.
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by loribeth View Post
    My husband and I have gone back and forth with this soooo I wanted to know if anyone on here knew how this worked?!? We want to ship my car to Italy but here is the problem the title to the car is in my name and my ex husbands name (which is going to be changed just haven't gone in yet for other reasons) anyway the registration is going to be changed to my husbands name and my name however we won't have a new title stating the car is solely mine when we try and ship it. I do have a divorce decree stating the car is solely mine however didn't know if this would pose a problem with getting my car in Italy once it is shipped. Also we read online about the registration there and it says it has to be registered solely in the service members name and since that isn't me is this going to be a problem? It says online he will need a registration and title and a bunch of other stuff to register it in Italy. Anybody gone through this before? Any advice would be great!
    Do they have a number for you to call? It would be easier to get someone on the phone and ask.
  5. Senior Member
    Well yes, but the ex-s name on the title will be the problem. What I meant was with someone elses name on it (even with yours on it as well) the shippers won't know you have the right to move it. It goes the same as some want to know if you don't own the car outright they will require permission from the title holder (bank) saying you are allowed to leave the country with the car.
  6. Banned
    Banned

Picking Up Best Sports Jerseys

I was quite pleased with the quality and reasonable price of the Adrian Peterson football jersey I purchased. Size specifics were right on target. My grandson was so exciting when he opened his birthday gift. I would recommend jerseyshop4u to everyone.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Got it. Well the title is going to be changed just not in enough time. Oh well we are going to call today and find out what they say. Thanks.