Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS'ing to non-base area

1. Senior Member

PCS'ing to non-base area

Advertisements
    So there is a slight chance that DF could PCS to my area. Being in Oregon, there are no bases here, he would be working at a downtown office. If he gets this, I'm trying to figure out the order of events. I know that they will pay to move his stuff and that he gets 10 days to look for a place out here. Would they move his stuff and then give him the 10 days making it so that he has to find a place to keep his stuff during the time that he's looking? Or would he get the 10 days and then ship everthing over so that he doesn't have most of his stuff for a while?
    06.06.09 R.I.P. Gabe
    ~Wishing you'd been with us instead of the sea of ribbons~
    06.01.10 R.I.P. Granddad
    ~I love you~
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

They will ship his stuff before he leaves where he is now and give him 10 days of leave to find a place in the new area, however reguardless of weither or not he finds a place in those ten days, they will hold his stuff in storage till he gets a place. Does that make sense?

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    They will ship his stuff before he leaves where he is now and give him 10 days of leave to find a place in the new area, however reguardless of weither or not he finds a place in those ten days, they will hold his stuff in storage till he gets a place. Does that make sense?
    Ok, yes. Thank you
    06.06.09 R.I.P. Gabe
    ~Wishing you'd been with us instead of the sea of ribbons~
    06.01.10 R.I.P. Granddad
    ~I love you~
  4. Banned
    Banned
    the 10 days are not a given. they have to be asked for a approved by the gaining command prior to arrival.

the storage is free for 90 days.
  5. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    the 10 days are not a given. they have to be asked for a approved by the gaining command prior to arrival.
    the storage is free for 90 days.
    ditto...the new command isn't required to give him the ten days. Some commands consider them taking leave as good enough for the serviceman to set up housing for themselves. I know thats how it was for us moving from VA to NE. DH took enough leave for us to get here (with "proceed" from VA) and then his leave kicked in when we got here. So that gave us nearly a month to find a house, get the paperwork submitted for the house, close on it, and move in.