Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: deployment

1. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries

deployment

Advertisements
    I need an answer? My millitary spouse and i have only been married recently. He have been deploy overseas going for a year now before we even got married. He does not have a base yet and he does not know if they will make him stay or if he can leave to be with us. Does he have anything to say now that he have his own family to come back if they want him to stay overseas?
  2. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    I can't understand your post. Maybe you should post in the Newbie section so we know a little more about you.

3. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    welcome to MSOS. Could you give us a little more info about your SO? It's hard to give advice with so little background -- come introduce yourself in the newbies section so everyone can say hello.

OP, this section is more for help about using the site -- reporting so the mods maybe can move this somewhere you'll be more likely to get help.
    Keep on keeping on.

4. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    *Teleports us to Military Moves and Relocation*

Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.

KennyB = Greatness!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smith View Post
    I need an answer? My millitary spouse and i have only been married recently. He have been deploy overseas going for a year now before we even got married. He does not have a base yet and he does not know if they will make him stay or if he can leave to be with us. Does he have anything to say now that he have his own family to come back if they want him to stay overseas?
    Alright I am going to try to sort out this post.

Your new husband is deployed overseas. But does not have a base he is assigned to. You want to know if they will make him leave where he is deployed to or can he stay with you? And does he have any say in the matter since he has an overseas family.

Simply put no. He has no real say. They will ship him to where he is needed regardless of any family. If he is deployed overseas he does have a base because he is deployed with his base unit. If he is stationed (ie not a deployment where they leave for a certain time frame from one base to return to that same base) at an overseas base THAT is his base and when his time at that base is up he will get orders to a new base and that is where he will have to go. If he has a family y'all can apply for whatever visas and etc that you need to enter the US if you are not american but I believe that can take awhile. He can put in to extend his time at his current base and that might get accepted but it might not, and if it is quite close to the time he is to leave more likely not.

Might I ask where you and he are as that will help answer some of your questions.
  6. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I didn't know how to put my story together. We have been together for 3 years now and just last month he came home from korea where he is station to washington for a month to get married. This coming August it will be a time again for his re-location but he does not have a clue if they are are going to make him stay in korea for another year. Now my question is, Can he ask them to assign him here in States since his family is here? Or Do we just have to suck it in and wait for another year again?
    Truelly i am inlove with you and i miss you every moment of my life!!
  7. Senior Member
    Sorry, I didn't know how to put my story together. We have been together for 3 years now and just last month he came home from korea where he is station to washington for a month to get married. This coming August it will be a time again for his re-location but he does not have a clue if they are are going to make him stay in korea for another year. Now my question is, Can he ask them to assign him here in States since his family is here? Or Do we just have to suck it in and wait for another year again?
    Ok...Generally after their year in Korea they will give him orders to a new duty station. IF their orders were just for a year to be in Korea. And that could be anywhere in the US or any overseas base where there are locations for his job. But no, they won't keep him in the US just because he has a family.

Many married military members have to move to Korea. Some take their families and some don't. It is quite odd he doesn't know his follow on location already. That is something (well air force at least normally) they know before they leave IF it is a year long tour and not a longer one.

Now will they reassign him to Korea. Probably not but it could happen. And if it did you could ask to be command sponsored and move over there as well. But my guess is that when his year is up in August he will be assigned a base in the states. Again in regards to the AF in my experiences they try to give the base the military member wants if there is a spot available for their job and rank.

By the way....My hubby is AF and has been to Korea once and fixing to head over again. If you have more questions you can pm me and I will help you if I can.
    Last edited by Southern-queen; 03-13-2010 at 07:02 PM.
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    It will totally depend on what is open and what his detailer offers him. Sometimes when they come back from OCONUS they are in a better position to negotiate for orders, but like I said, it really depends on what is on the table and what his detailer offers him.
  9. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, your information regarding korea helps a lot!! I really hope that they will give him a base in the States so that we can all be together once again. I really do miss him so much and it's been really hard for me since i don't live in the base and i do not have any support. Best wishes to you and your husband!!
    Truelly i am inlove with you and i miss you every moment of my life!!
  10. Senior Member
    Thank you, your information regarding korea helps a lot!! I really hope that they will give him a base in the States so that we can all be together once again. I really do miss him so much and it's been really hard for me since i don't live in the base and i do not have any support. Best wishes to you and your husband!!
    Even if it is not a base in the states as long as it is not a remote (meaning no family go as well) than his family goes with him. All that is required is all his dependents pass the clearances to move which for the AF are medical, mental and dental. And the AF will move all of you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast