Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine Corps Seperation

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Neutral Marine Corps Seperation

Advertisements
    Me and my husband are coming up on his marine corps seperation and i have a question about DITY moves. How far in advance should my husband go if we are planning on packing May 17-19 and we are due for moveout inspection the 20th? Also can he get his orders early if he is going on terminal?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    you should attend a moving workshop at least 60 days in advance, and for most branches you need to attend this workshop to do a full Dity.

as for the DITY you should be able to submit the paperwork 45 days in advance and recieve the money 10-14 days before the PCS.

as for the orders I have no clue!!
  3. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    I am definitely lost with what you both just said! I'm new to the Army (16 months) so I'm just gonna sit back and shut up now....
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you should attend a moving workshop at least 60 days in advance, and for most branches you need to attend this workshop to do a full Dity.

as for the DITY you should be able to submit the paperwork 45 days in advance and recieve the money 10-14 days before the PCS.

as for the orders I have no clue!!

I just hope that we get that money in time since we are seperating from the marine corps....im trying to get him to make an appointment for the workshop because its that time of year and people are moving more frequent during spring and early summer than most so thanks for the info!! I am just worried about the order thing cause when you go apply for the funds for the DITY move you have to have copies of your orders....do you know anyone who has done the DITY move and seperated from the military before?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    yes I know someone- one thing to know is you will onnly get 60% of the estimate up front and then will not get the balance until he get his final check-

they will do a full pay audit before releasing his final check - if he goes on 60 days terminal leave you will not see the money until he is done with that and gets his last check- and that could take 2-4 weeks depending on how fast they process him.

I almost never suggest a full DITY for final moves- just becasue of the huge delay in reimbursements.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yes I know someone- one thing to know is you will onnly get 60% of the estimate up front and then will not get the balance until he get his final check-

they will do a full pay audit before releasing his final check - if he goes on 60 days terminal leave you will not see the money until he is done with that and gets his last check- and that could take 2-4 weeks depending on how fast they process him.

I almost never suggest a full DITY for final moves- just becasue of the huge delay in reimbursements.

he will have 13 days he can take terminal as of may 1st and im really sketchy on TMO moving us that is why i would rather do a DITY move. My friend that moved back to her hometown got 3000 up front for moving and then had to finish out their claim. She told me that they didn't get any other money after they finished the claim cause they took taxes on it so the 3000 is all they got. I know that we won't need all 3000 of it but my real problem is the whole when to apply and about getting his orders to apply ....
  7. Banned
    Banned
    you cannot do anything with out the orders, when he gets orders, he can go and do the travel papers to do the PPM.

your amount will vary based on your wieght, yours could be more or less.
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    I agree with gunsgirl with all her posts.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    you cannot do anything with out the orders, when he gets orders, he can go and do the travel papers to do the PPM.

your amount will vary based on your wieght, yours could be more or less.
    I knew that you can't do anything without the orders i am just curious when he will get his cause we are seperating and going on terminal.....i know he won't get his DD214 until his EAS date.....i know that it could be more or less but we lived right next to each other and they downsized alot and still got that amount.....we have more stuff to move so im not worried about the amount really im worried about the whole paperwork thing...
  10. Senior Member
    i can ask hubby when he gets home about the orders deal, but we just separated from the USMC and did a DITY move last week and DH took 43 days worth of terminal. basically he went through all of the separations classes (TMO, TAP, TAMP) and got that all taken care of and then the day he was checking out for terminal leave he went to separations and got all of his papers. we estimated what we might need and got about $2500 in advance and now we have to submit the rest of the receipts for moving (weight of truck empty/full, gas receipts, hotels, etc.) in order to get the other ~$3000. You don't need to wait to get your DD214 as far as I know.

Hope that helps...like I said, I can ask DH more if you have more specific questions since we just did it from the Marine Corps. He did all of the paperwork, etc, so he knows a bit more than I do.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast