Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dependent restricted :-(

1. Dinah Shore and Dean Martin fanatic!
    Dinah Shore and Dean Martin fanatic!
    Blog Entries

Dependent restricted :-(

Advertisements
    I am in the navy and my second pcs is coming up in seven months. It really scares the life out of me. I'm expected to be Mrs tough gun toting cop, but I am really not looking forward to leaving my husband behind. I have four options which include Bahrain, mobile security (Bahrain) souda bay, or diego garcia. I knew this was coming and being a ma, it's coming faster than I thought. I'm discouraged, the detailer is being really elusive. He's saying things like I can't give you a ship billet, you have to go dependent restricted. He lied and said that because he gave the billet to one of my friends in my department...I work with her everyday. So it's wrong for me to have a husband? He picked her because she doesn't? Wow, that really broke my heart. It's a ship with brig school in Texas. I need encouragement.
    William Luke Brenton is finally here!!! 29 October 2011!!!!

After such a long ride, I finally made MA2! 18 November 2011 was the day I found out!!!! This has been such an exciting year for us!!!
  2. Dinah Shore and Dean Martin fanatic!
    Blog Entries
    It is so very hard to know I have to just up and go. I'm tired of being all tough about it, I can't ignore the fact that I've gotta go and there's nothing I can do about it.

After such a long ride, I finally made MA2! 18 November 2011 was the day I found out!!!! This has been such an exciting year for us!!!
  3. You are here.
    You are here.
    IDK, it may be better for you to do Bahrain. DH had a few MAs that went over and made bank. What about Portsmouth VA? They have a few squadrons over there.

ETA I thought sometime last year DOD was talking about opening Bahrain to dependents.
  4. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Bahrain is open to dependents now. Are you an E5 or above? After you get there you could try for command sponsorship. Unfortunately, E4 and below, if it is overseas is generally an unaccompanied tour. Good luck!
  5. Dinah Shore and Dean Martin fanatic!
    Blog Entries
    I wish I could go to VA, I'm from Norfolk. But that's not an option, and I'm up for e-5 until they advance me so my husband can't go. I'm discouraged and always expected to be so tough. Today I cried and cried. I'm tired of being sad.

6. You are here.
    You are here.
    aw, that sucks.

Thanks Tina, that may be an option if DH gets LDO. We may try Bahrain, I think it may beat Guam. I think Bahrain has a Mobile Security det.
  7. Dinah Shore and Dean Martin fanatic!
    Blog Entries
    Bahrain does have mob. security!!!! :-) That is one of my choices.

8. You are here.
    You are here.
    Thats awesome....DH said if he didn't get offered VA next orders go around, he'd try for Guam....IDK if i could hang out in the middle of hte ocean.
  9. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Here's the thing. Say you get unaccompanied orders to Bahrain, for 18 months. You make E5, you can request command sponsorship and extend your tour. Of course, you might not want to extend your time there, and just finish out the tour and hope to have your choice of billets when you get back (not always guaranteed).