Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I'm confused

1. Senior Member

Nutts I'm confused

Advertisements
    Hey guys! I'm a bit confused on the process I need to go through to get my medical screening done to join DH overseas. Here's the deal:

We got married before he left for his first duty station (Okinawa). Therefore, I wasn't on his orders. He got there in Nov. but left in Jan. to do training around Asia. I'm not sure about all of the lingo but I'm enrolled in the DEERS system, have my ID and he's filed our marriage license and all the jazz. I *THINK* the only thing I still need to do is my medical screening. He sent me the forms but I haven't done it yet I can't figure out what to do and he has very limited (like once a week) communication.

I live in Houston...nowhere near a base. Can I do my medical screening with a Dr. that is in the TriCare network but not necessarily on a base? They have Drs. in this area that are contracted out. If the answer is yes, what do I need? Do I need to bring a copy of my dental/ob-gyn records? Can one Dr. do it all?

If there's a place/person I can contact to find all of this info on my own I'll gladly do it but I have no clue who to ask!!! And DH is out of contact right now.

Sorry I rambled....anyone know these answers or where I can find them?
  2. Senior Member
    I am not sure if the navy is different than the AF, but with the AF you need a mental, medical and dental health checkup and clearance before the military will amend the orders and move you. You need to call tri-care and ask them what you need to do since you are not at a military base.

https://www.tricareonline.com/portal...y%20Disclaimer I imagine you are in tricare west but even if you are not they should be able to help you get to the right person to ask.
  3. Senior Member
    thank you so much southern-momma!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    yes you can have a civie Dr do it-

just make sure he understands the forms.

also you need to find out if when he adds you if the orders will change from 2 yrs to 3 yrs. usually this is the case. just so you know how long you will be there.