Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Move after marriage

1. Senior Member

Move after marriage

Advertisements
    Sorry if this is already somewhere, but I could not find the info I was looking for. Here is the deal. DF is in Basic, and we will be getting married either while she is in tech school (if we can swing it,) or directly afterwards when she comes home before reporting to her first duty station. (No we are not getting married just because of the circumstance. We have been engaged for over a year and a half.)

While she is here we are going to get my ID card, POA, ect.... What is the easiest way for me to move with her when she reports. Will I need to wait for her to get to the base and request to live off base first, or do I just pack my stuff in a uhaul, drive and find a place? Really though, what is the best way of doing that? Ugh...She is not even through basic training and I already have more questions, and no way of getting answers.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Since you most likely wont be on her orders, I wouldn't pack up and move until you know she can live off base with you... Once you get the OK try to scout some places online or send her out if she gets time to check some places out and then go ahead and head to where she is!
  3. Senior Member
    thats what I thought...we should have just rushed and got married before she left. But maybe if she has a pretty long tech school we can get married while she is there, and get me on the orders before she has to report.
  4. Senior Member
    If you go down when she graduates basic and get married than, more than likely when she gets her first orders after tech school you will be on them and the military will move you.
  5. Senior Member
    yeah.... i want to do that, but she doesnt, she may change her mind. She wants it to be more special than getting married that way. I do understand that. We will see how things change when she is done with basic. She very well may be up for it at that point.