Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shipping.moving to england with infant

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

shipping.moving to england with infant

Advertisements
    really starting to now lol

It can take anywhere from a month to 3 months to get our stuff!

so has anyone on here did an overseas move with an infant? under 6 months? Mine will be 3 months!!!
    Whats the best thing todo? What about his swing? (thank goodness we atleast have a travel swing) Would it be best to try and ship the pack n play ahead of us?
    I'm trying not to panic cause I still have 6 motnhs till the report date, but its just bad timing to move with a little baby. Or maybe its better cause atleast he can't run away from me

Sorry this is rambled, but someone help!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Dont worry too much about everything. At that age they dont need too much. If you can ship things ahead thats ok but not essential as long as you have a carseat, pushchair , a crib/bed, and a few toys when you get here. On the plane .... Will you be breastfeeding or bottlefeed. I took my son from England to Jamaica when he was 12weeks without problems. I was breastfeeding so I didnt have to worry about carrying liquids on the flight. Check with the airline as to what you can bring on the plane. The only toys he wanted for 3 weeks were some maraccas . Good luck
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I'm hoping to be breastfeeding. Just got to make sure I can keep my supply up since my plans have had to change and I will be going back to work for a month and half.
    I think we will try to send his pack n play ahead of us that way he has his bed when we get there. And I'll just buy one of those bed sleepers for the month we will have to co sleep with him.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

You will be able to send essential items ahead of your big shipment, so in that have a portable crib, a few toys (playmat) and things you will need for him till the rest of your stuff arrives. It usually only takes a couple of weeks to get that. As far as bottles go on the plane if you are not breast feeding. If you want to get the Infant water, get a dr note saying what it is, etc and make sure it is unopened when you go through customs (also get some travel formula pouches). You could also use regular bottle water. Have a container and ask the air hostess for HOT (it is usually warm) water to warm the bottle, or get a travel warmer. If BFing, you won't need to worry about that. If TMO offer you a seat for the baby, take it and take his car seat ON the plane, it will be a long flight and he may be more comfy in his seat, otherwise when you call to confirm your booking with the airline, ask for the seats with the bassinettes.

5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    You will be able to send essential items ahead of your big shipment, so in that have a portable crib, a few toys (playmat) and things you will need for him till the rest of your stuff arrives. It usually only takes a couple of weeks to get that. As far as bottles go on the plane if you are not breast feeding. If you want to get the Infant water, get a dr note saying what it is, etc and make sure it is unopened when you go through customs (also get some travel formula pouches). You could also use regular bottle water. Have a container and ask the air hostess for HOT (it is usually warm) water to warm the bottle, or get a travel warmer. If BFing, you won't need to worry about that. If TMO offer you a seat for the baby, take it and take his car seat ON the plane, it will be a long flight and he may be more comfy in his seat, otherwise when you call to confirm your booking with the airline, ask for the seats with the bassinettes.
    Really?! thats awesome! Ok that takes a major panic part of me out of this lol
    I wan't sure if the military would pay for dylans seat but if they do hell yes I'm taking it lol As much as I lvoe him I don't want to hold him for 8 hours stright!
    Sandy I wish you could come with me and helps me
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Senior Member
    Hey Mac. Why don't you just buy a portacrib when you get there?

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Cause I need one here sicne he's sleeping in our room
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Mackenzie* View Post
    Cause I need one here sicne he's sleeping in our room
    Can you just check it with baggage when you fly? Or are you driving

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    we are driving

We might be able too. DH gets 2 bags, I get 2 bags, dylan gets 2 bags. Plus stroller. Carseat will be carry on.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Mackenzie* View Post
    we are driving

We might be able too. DH gets 2 bags, I get 2 bags, dylan gets 2 bags. Plus stroller. Carseat will be carry on.
    Well there ya go then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast