Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Visa for overseas PCS .. just wondering ..

1. Junior Member

Visa for overseas PCS .. just wondering ..

Advertisements
    I heard that all spouses need to get a visa before PCSing overseas .. even those who are from the country they are PSCing too? Is this true? For example, I'm from England so I could move back to England or any European county anytime I want, yet I will not be allowed to PCS with my husband (assuming we got orders to Europe) without a 'visa'??
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You needing a visa sounds right IMO, since you are going on the military's dime and as a military spouse they need to cover their asses and make sure, they may also make you get a no-fee passport even if you have a regular one...

I could be wrong though...
  3. Junior Member
    Thanks for the quick response

Wow .. that just seems like a complete waste of money for them!! I don't even know if I could get a no fee US passport because I'm not a US citizen. I really don't understand the military sometimes!! The fact that my British passport would not be as 'safe' for them compared to a 'visa' to live in Europe! lol!
  4. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    You wouldnt get a no fee if you arent a US citizen. You would just come over with your home countries passport but there is some other things you would have to do though to come over. Not sure about all the specifics. Just know people who PCSed here to Germany with thier home countries passport.
  5. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    I guess its the military who wants you to have a visa, cuz there is nothing stopping you from coming to Europe to live just on your passport. I am English also.