Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Time off for moving new wife?

1. Senior Member

Time off for moving new wife?

Advertisements
    DF and I were talking recenlty about our options for our honeymoon. We figure we could have the honeymoon here in our hometown and then have him fly back to base and have my drive my stuff out there OR we could have both of us drive together and then have the honeymoon out near base (we'd try for the beach cabins there). DF says that he has time off to move me out there.
    Questions:
    -Is this true?
    -How much time would he get off? (we'd be moving from Oregon to NC)
    -Does it matter that the courthouse wedding is in April and then I'd be moving in late June/ early July?
    -Can he take that time with leave? (as in, could he take leave for the wedding and join it with the moving leave, or would he have to go back to base and check in first)
    06.06.09 R.I.P. Gabe
    ~Wishing you'd been with us instead of the sea of ribbons~
    06.01.10 R.I.P. Granddad
    ~I love you~
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I've never heard of that. But he can always take leave.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    My husband and I did something similiar.
    He came up to Jersey and spent a week of his PTO on our wedding and honeymoon in February of last year. Then in May he came up for another week to visit his family and friends and help me move down to Florida. We did the drive down together and everything.
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta11 View Post
    DF and I were talking recenlty about our options for our honeymoon. We figure we could have the honeymoon here in our hometown and then have him fly back to base and have my drive my stuff out there OR we could have both of us drive together and then have the honeymoon out near base (we'd try for the beach cabins there). DF says that he has time off to move me out there.
    Questions:
    -Is this true?
    -How much time would he get off? (we'd be moving from Oregon to NC)
    -Does it matter that the courthouse wedding is in April and then I'd be moving in late June/ early July?
    -Can he take that time with leave? (as in, could he take leave for the wedding and join it with the moving leave, or would he have to go back to base and check in first)

He will probably have to take leave. They give you time (10 days) to house hunt when you PCS to a base, but if he is already stationed there and just coming back with a wife I think he will have to take leave for time off.

His leave will be two different set of leave papers since it is two different time frames that the events will be happening.
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    you can take 29 days of leave (if you have it) without the commanders approval.
    sry I was confused about what you were asking.
    He would have to take leave for him to come home for the wedding and drive with you.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Mackenzie* View Post
    you can take 29 days of leave (if you have it) without the commanders approval.
    sry I was confused about what you were asking.
    He would have to take leave for him to come home for the wedding and drive with you.
    He still needs to have permission though. His leave has to be approved and signed off by someone in his chain of command who has the authority to allow it.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    He still needs to have permission though. His leave has to be approved and signed off by someone in his chain of command who has the authority to allow it.
    well duh lol and he should know that though. Just saying that under 29 days is alot easier to get approved. when you go over 30 then you have to explain why, what, and everything else.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Mackenzie* View Post
    well duh lol and he should know that though. Just saying that under 29 days is alot easier to get approved. when you go over 30 then you have to explain why, what, and everything else.
    Ok, just clearing it up because your post confused me.

Depending his base he will have to explain the when, where and why anyhow. Especially if he is planning on being across country.
  9. Senior Member
    Ok.
    We figure it will just be about 2.5 weeks of leave for the wedding, honeymoon and moving.
    06.06.09 R.I.P. Gabe
    ~Wishing you'd been with us instead of the sea of ribbons~
    06.01.10 R.I.P. Granddad
    ~I love you~
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    unless you have money saved for the move he won't be able to move your belongings but the military will pay to move his.....something to think about...