Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: HI ladies and San Diego ladies I have questions!

1. Member

HI ladies and San Diego ladies I have questions!

Advertisements
    DH is up for orders this year. He starts applying in March for our december PCS. We know we dont want to stay in VA so were really thinking about San Diego or Hawaii. My questions for both are... How do you like living there?
    I have heard Bah doesnt cover everything in hawaii if you in off base housing is that true? How is base housing in both areas? Any info that you can think of would be so welcomed.
    Survived deployment #1
  2. Senior Member
    I don't live in San Diego quite yet, but I do live in California and I love going down to SD where my DF is stationed. I'm excited to move there, it's a great city.
  3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    We're in Hawaii.

How do you like living there? I looooooovvvveeeee it. But I've only lived here a couple months. It still feels a little like we're on an amazing extended vacation.
    I have heard Bah doesnt cover everything in hawaii if you in off base housing is that true? I don't know. Didn't even look into off base housing.
    How is base housing in both areas? Depends on the base. I think most of the bases here have mostly new housing that's pretty nice. The housing I live in was built in the mid-90s and is ok. Like any housing, they all have their pros and cons. I've heard there's a high crime rate around some of Pearl Harbor housing. The best way to find out about housing is to find out which bases you're applying for and then go to the forrest city site (google it) for that base housing.