Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: where to go?

1. Regular Member

Nutts where to go?

Advertisements
    okay so db and i have been talking about when he gets his new orders.. he has 3 choices but we just arent sure where to decide.. his thing is i do have a lil one and when he looks at the big picture he doesnt just see him and i but all 3 of us.. so we got 3 choices.. Lejuene, San Diego or Hawaii.. We are really thinking Lejuene only bc yes Hawaii is nice but, i heard its expensive, and its only nice for like the 1st year then its just boring after that.. We also got San Diego but, we both agree its more for single Marines but, we dont know.. NC would be good only bc its closer to our families and friends.. what do you ladies think?
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Just remember, even though they say they are his choices, doesn't automatically mean he will even get one of them. I know it sounds crazy to give people choices and then not the place the choose, but it is the military and they will send you where they want and need to send you.

DH is crosstraining in a few months and we were given a list of about 20 bases to choose from. We chose 5 we would be happy with and put them on his crosstraining packet as well as our dream sheet and got a base that wasn't even on the list they gave us.

3. It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
    It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
    Hesperia, Ca/Anchorage, Ak (Elmendorf AFB)
    San Diego. Coming from a SoCal girl, but still .

Why is it said to be more for single Marines? Because of the nightlife? I dunno... I mean when go out down there the Marines I've danced with and what not at the club are very respectful..... Honestly I think that crap happens anywhere.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Oh there once was a girl who loved books
    A Bibliophile by her looks
    the teachers make her crazy
    what, do they think she's lazy
    When she laughs at work she gets looks
  4. It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
    It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
    Hesperia, Ca/Anchorage, Ak (Elmendorf AFB)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    Just remember, even though they say they are his choices, doesn't automatically mean he will even get one of them. I know it sounds crazy to give people choices and then not the place the choose, but it is the military and they will send you where they want and need to send you.

DH is crosstraining in a few months and we were given a list of about 20 bases to choose from. We chose 5 we would be happy with and put them on his crosstraining packet as well as our dream sheet and got a base that wasn't even on the list they gave us.
    DB's choices were Hawaii, Cali and Alaska and he put Cali first (as that's where were from), Hawaii second and Alaska last. Guess where he is....
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Oh there once was a girl who loved books
    A Bibliophile by her looks
    the teachers make her crazy
    what, do they think she's lazy
    When she laughs at work she gets looks
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryBritt View Post
    San Diego. Coming from a SoCal girl, but still .

Why is it said to be more for single Marines? Because of the nightlife? I dunno... I mean when go out down there the Marines I've danced with and what not at the club are very respectful..... Honestly I think that crap happens anywhere.....
    ya thats pretty much it he said, i mean i told him it didnt matter Cali i got fam and NC i got fam near by..

but with his job he only has a few choices he can decide from.. so we just gotta wait till he leaves and comes back and actually gets told he needs to decide and then we go from there