Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS to Creech AFB, sort of

1. we survived infertility
    we survived infertility

PCS to Creech AFB, sort of

Advertisements
    Technically we are moving to Creech AFB, but hubby's new job is a classified one that I really don't want to get into on an open forum like this, I can say that the job site isn't actually even in Las Vegas even though the families all live in Vegas and it's attached to Creech.

1) Anyone wanna tell me anything about Creech? Good/bad/ugly? I've been to Vegas, I know it's expensive, I know it's more fun to visit than to live in places like that

2) With the limited info I provided, has anyone worked what I'm talking about and has any advice? You may want to PM that rather than post if so.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I have not been there, but dh has been. He says that the base is out in the middle of nowhere, the closest town (he thinks) is Indian Springs. It's a small base. He says that he'd live in N. Las Vegas if we were to PCS there, not in the small town... Sorry, can't be more help. You might try Welcome to Armed Forces Crossroads or go to your base A&FRC as they have all sorts of resources for you. Good luck!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Yeah Creech is not in Vegas but where most people live.

I can probably assume what your husband will be doing there but no one can talk to you about what it is like if no one knows for sure what it is he does. If it is what I am thinking my DH has tried to cross train into that field but had no luck.

Anyways, I don't know much about it though either specifically. I do believe that there is or were someone who has been there on the board. Their user name is not coming to me right now though.
  4. we survived infertility
    we survived infertility
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Yeah Creech is not in Vegas but where most people live.

I can probably assume what your husband will be doing there but no one can talk to you about what it is like if no one knows for sure what it is he does. If it is what I am thinking my DH has tried to cross train into that field but had no luck.

Anyways, I don't know much about it though either specifically. I do believe that there is or were someone who has been there on the board. Their user name is not coming to me right now though.

Yeah this is tricky without specifics. Hehe.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't have any info on Creech, but I am at Nellis.
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I have heard that a lot of people at Creech live at Nellis and all the housing is run through Nellis. I couls be wrong there though. Call Nellis housing and find out from them. I have family in Vegas and I went to visit once. With it being expensive, it depends on where you are living and everything like that.

7. Senior Member
    DB is out there... PM'd you! =D
  8. Senior Member
    Hey, if you have any Las Vegas questions that haven't been answered by others yet, I'll be more than happy to help you with them. It's not as expensive now as it used to be! They're in the middle of improving Nellis housing (there is no on base housing at Creech as far as I'm aware). There are tons of houses up for rent in the area for reasonable prices, and if you're the type to buy they're 1/4th of the price as they were when we got out here!
    We've been stationed here for over 3 years now. We know quite a few people who are on the Creech side of things. They all live in North Las Vegas, and the spouses do everything through Nellis. Some of the Creech guys drive themselves up to the base while others use the park and ride. Partly depends on the job and hours since the park and ride is limited.
    Cooking with Mrs Sea Monster | My Ramblings
    Mommy to Aiden (Nov 2010) and Zoe (VBAC Nov 2012)