Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCS OCONUS DEPENDENTS LIMITS

1. Neo
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

PCS OCONUS DEPENDENTS LIMITS

Advertisements
    Hello everyone. I'm just curious, has anyone heard the latest updates on the number of dependents one can have before the can be considered for an OCONUS billet? I'm an E5 in the Navy and I was just denied orders to Japan because I have 3 dependents. Is this something new? and is there any way that I might have myself reconsidered for this? coz I really had my long term plans set on PCSing to Japan. Can anyone help with ideas here? and just honest feedback. I'm also up for re-enlistment and I was wondering weather I could use that in my favor somehow. I know these are questions for a career counselor, but Im really all ears for any helpful feedback out there. Thanks.
  2. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    All I know is that one of my husbands co-workers was approve for command sponsorship to Korea and they have nine children.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

can not help you with that.. But when you get a chance pop on over to the newbie section and post an intro.

Also make sure you read our sticky about OPSEC and PERSEC( I know you are the one in the military but we have ALL our newbies read thru it).

4. Banned
    Banned
    being up for reenlistment won't help much.

the NAVY is pretty set about lower enlisted taking large families overseas-

even to HI and AK they are routinely denied.

I have even seen families of 3-4 be stationed IN HI leave and then not be able to go back, even tho ALL the kids were born there.

you may be out of luck, sorry.
  5. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Try to do a waiver.

A friend of mine wanted to go to Japan and has 4 dependents and was denied for the same reason. Put in a waiver, it was approved, and now they're on their way.
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

First Welcome to the site, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself in the Newbies section.

As far as PCS overseas is concerned, yes, I have heard this happen a lot lately, it is not because of the # of dependants you have, but mainly the fact that they are trying to limit ALL Command Sponsorship. I have a friend whos husband has orders to Korea, but the rest of the family is on the CS wait list. You can op to go unaccompanied and then try and do CS once you get there, but then there is still no guarantee that they will be CS'd.

7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBlue505 View Post
    Try to do a waiver.

A friend of mine wanted to go to Japan and has 4 dependents and was denied for the same reason. Put in a waiver, it was approved, and now they're on their way.
    This was my thought as well...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Senior Member
    I think it just a navy thing and it can be worked around (I know this because I have a friend with 4 kids and a husband and she was in Hawaii for at least 4 years or so). I just don't know what you would have to do. I think you are right with your first call of having to go to a career counselor in order for them to help you out.

I never knew the Navy had this guideline because I knew many families when I lived in Japan where there were 4 people in the family.
  9. Neo
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you all for your responses. I will be telling my wife about this site. This will be a great source of support for sure as you have instilled some hope in me. Right now I'm trying to be realistic about this but definitely taking hid of all the pointers. Who knows, they might consider a waiver. As far as I know Navy has not always done this. This is new to me too, unfortunately its at a time when it matters the most to me. I will keep you posted on the outcome, hopefully, I'm praying, when I make an update I'll be knowing for sure that I got the orders I want. Thank you all for all the feedback.
  10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. I will be telling my wife about this site. This will be a great source of support for sure as you have instilled some hope in me. Right now I'm trying to be realistic about this but definitely taking hid of all the pointers. Who knows, they might consider a waiver. As far as I know Navy has not always done this. This is new to me too, unfortunately its at a time when it matters the most to me. I will keep you posted on the outcome, hopefully, I'm praying, when I make an update I'll be knowing for sure that I got the orders I want. Thank you all for all the feedback.
    Definitely send Mrs. Neo over to us! Good luck...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast