Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MILITARY SHIPPING????

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused MILITARY SHIPPING????

Advertisements
    Hello everyone!!
    My fiance is soon to graduate from AF basic training (woohoo!)
    He will be at his post for a month or two prior to our wedding. I know the military pays to move him to his new post. I was wondering if they would pay for me to move to where he is posted after we are married?? Or should I try to send my things with him when he moves.....

If you have any advice, please let me know!!! Thank you!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused Military moving & shipping?!?

Hello everyone!!

He will be at his post for a month or two prior to our wedding. I know the military pays to move him to his new post. I was wondering if they would pay for me to move to where he is posted after we are married?? Or should I try to send my things with him when he moves.....

3. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    If you guys do not get married before he processes in to his new station, the military will not pay to move your stuff there because you are not on his orders. My best advice, take all of your stuff over to where ever his stuff is, and tell them that all of it is his. However, each rank and dependent status have a set limit as to how much the military will pay for a move. If you guys go over you're weight limit for his rank and status, you will have to pay out of pocket for the difference because the military will only pay for so much to be moved. Militrary Relocation and Moving services, regulations, and limitations
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Help Military Shipping????

Hello everyone!!

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Smile Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by coloradokitkat View Post
    If you guys do not get married before he processes in to his new station, the military will not pay to move your stuff there because you are not on his orders. My best advice, take all of your stuff over to where ever his stuff is, and tell them that all of it is his. However, each rank and dependent status have a set limit as to how much the military will pay for a move. If you guys go over you're weight limit for his rank and status, you will have to pay out of pocket for the difference because the military will only pay for so much to be moved. Militrary Relocation and Moving services, regulations, and limitations

Thank you very much! I appreciate your answer, that helps very much!!
  6. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Also, will you be seeing your fiance before he gets to his new station? For graduation perhaps? If you and him are comfortable with it, I think your best option would be to go to the court house and get your marriage license, even though it is still a few months prior to your wedding/ceremony. That piece of paper is all that you need to get on his orders and as long as you do it before he actually gets to his new station, you can get ammended on to his orders. That way the military will pay to move all of your stuff, or at least more of it, as long as it's from one place (put all your stuff together) to another. If he is married or at least you guys have that marriage license, they should give him TDY, which is 10 days of leave to help move all of your guys' stuff. Also, if he has orders saying he is married, you guys can get on the list for on-post housing ASAP or start receiving BAH so that you guys can move in to an apartment together right away after he PCSes. You don't have to tell anyone that you got the license and just keep it hush hush until you have your actual ceremony, but it would help out a lot with the expenses. And with only a couple of months until your wedding, why not get it a little early? I would try and talk to him about it, via letters or a quick phone call. If you're not comfortable with it, then just try to move as much of your stuff with his as you possibly can. But it's an option that you should be aware of
  7. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    I really hate to see fraud encouraged.

The military will not pay to move your belongings simply because you got married. When my DH and I got married, he was on mid-tour from his assignment in Korea. I became his "acquired dependent" and remained in the States. When he returned from Korea with orders to San Antonio, I was on his orders and they moved his stuff from Korea, his stuff from storage in Maryland, and my stuff from Pennsylvania.

Please try to handle it without using less than honorable means.
  8. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree with Coloradokat, If you guys are getting married soon. ThenIf I were you and I have been you before Me and my DH got married before he moved to Germany. I was on his orders and we got BAH also. I was able to move my things from my own house because we were not living together. They also came and got his stuff from his grandmothers house.
    I Love My Baby!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    there has been some mis information -

the member is allowed 5,000 lbs- to move as a single member. if stuff is mixed together- so what- as long as you stay with in that limit you will not get "caught".

as for the money- they are not paying for aquired dependants unless they are going over seas- and then sometimes not even then.
    if the dependants are NOT on orders at the time of the PCS the branches are not amending the orders once they reach the new duty station.
    some commands use to allow this- but with the budget crunch they have stopped.

your DF will move as a single member, he will get single member allowances. NO TLE, NO TDY, NO DLA.

they will not pay to get you or your car to the new duty station.

yes this sucks, BUT this is they way it is.

next time you PCS you will get all the allowances.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    I really hate to see fraud encouraged.

The military will not pay to move your belongings simply because you got married. When my DH and I got married, he was on mid-tour from his assignment in Korea. I became his "acquired dependent" and remained in the States. When he returned from Korea with orders to San Antonio, I was on his orders and they moved his stuff from Korea, his stuff from storage in Maryland, and my stuff from Pennsylvania.

Please try to handle it without using less than honorable means.
    Agreed. I hate when people lie and cheat.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast