Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help, my friend is on guam and wants to come home

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help, my friend is on guam and wants to come home

Advertisements
    I have a good friend that lives on Guam as a sponsored dependant with her ex-husband. shes desperately wants to come home. Her and her ex husbands divorced was finalized a month ago and now hes dragging his feet with the ERD paperwork... She's tempted to buy a $1600 plane ticket home through hawaii at this point. Can she use her non fee passport to get outta dodge without orders? Or is she gonna have to be miserable and stuck until her ex-husband gets the ERD paperwork through the system?
  2. Senior Member
    She doesn't need a passport to fly to the United States from Guam because it is a territory. She just has to make sure she makes no connections in other countries such as Japan. If she wants to get to the mainland she can just route her connection through Hawaii and she will only need some form of federal or state ID for checking in at the airport.
    Needs work.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    someone has dropped the ball- he cannot do the ERD for non dependants- and now that they are divorced she is no longer entitled to a move.

if she has children she may be able to get the ERD for them, but if not she was just screwed royally by her Ex....
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    someone has dropped the ball- he cannot do the ERD for non dependants- and now that they are divorced she is no longer entitled to a move.

if she has children she may be able to get the ERD for them, but if not she was just screwed royally by her Ex....
    It is likely written in their divorce decree that he is responsible for getting her and her belongings back to the mainland. So if he didn't do it through the navy then it can come out of his pocket.
    Needs work.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxnpicks View Post
    I have a good friend that lives on Guam as a sponsored dependant with her ex-husband. shes desperately wants to come home. Her and her ex husbands divorced was finalized a month ago and now hes dragging his feet with the ERD paperwork... She's tempted to buy a $1600 plane ticket home through hawaii at this point. Can she use her non fee passport to get outta dodge without orders? Or is she gonna have to be miserable and stuck until her ex-husband gets the ERD paperwork through the system?
    If she takes a flight that does not stop in Japan she doesn't even need a passport.

Otherwise the no fee one should work but I don't know for sure.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by *Kate* View Post
    It is likely written in their divorce decree that he is responsible for getting her and her belongings back to the mainland. So if he didn't do it through the navy then it can come out of his pocket.

that is writen in the divorce decree. however he's taking his good ol time taking care of his reposibilities, she just wants out. and there are no kids involved thankfully
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

One would think that if it's written into her divorce decree that she should be able to get a copy of that to his LCPO or 1st Sgt (depending on branch) and they can get her ex to get a move on getting her a ticket home if she has repeatedly asked her ex to do this and he is dragging his feet. How long has the divorce been final?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    it may be written in the divorce decree but HE will have to pay- meaning she does not need to wait on an ERD-

she can call her attorney and her attorney can send a letter to him or his attoney demanding follow thru for the flight out.

she also needs to be sure she can even use her NO- Fee since she's legally NO LONGER a dependant on orders there.

When I got divorced from EX #1. ( navy) we were in HI- if I would have stayed until after the divorce was final the navy would not have paid anything to get me home, as for the kids they would have paid for thier Airfare only.

we did an ERD 3 months before the divorce was final and the navy paid to move me and the kids and 6,000 lbs worth of stuff.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post

she also needs to be sure she can even use her NO- Fee since she's legally NO LONGER a dependant on orders there.
    Yep, and if she can't she needs to get a flight that does not go through Japan.