Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: another question about moving cribs..

1. Senior Member

another question about moving cribs..

Advertisements
    Do they take it apart before they pack it or pack it as is? If they take it apart what do they do with all the screws and parts to it?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would assume they take it apart and put the screws in a baggy or something.... I cant imagine them trying to move it fully assembled
  3. Senior Member
    I know they tell you not to touch anything "they will do it" but we took our own crib apart the day before they came and kept the screws in a baggie in my purse!!!! I wasn't chancing them losing those.

Kaiden Matthew Baby #2
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmanswife86 View Post
    I know they tell you not to touch anything "they will do it" but we took our own crib apart the day before they came and kept the screws in a baggie in my purse!!!! I wasn't chancing them losing those.
    Thats what I was thinking about doing too I just didn't want to seem crazy doing it

5. Banned
    Banned
    they will take it apart- but you can do it too- just put the screws in a ziploc bag and either hand harry them or tape them to the bed frame.
  6. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    I am probably too late on this one but our movers tried to shove stuff in our crib and wrap it in cardboard and I came unglued!!! They claimed they didnt know how to take it apart so my dh did it for them.
  7. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by CCJohnson10 View Post
    I am probably too late on this one but our movers tried to shove stuff in our crib and wrap it in cardboard and I came unglued!!! They claimed they didnt know how to take it apart so my dh did it for them.
    that's crazy.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

when we moved from Oki to UT, the movers took it apart and with everything they took apart, they wrapped the screws in a piece of paper and taped it to what ever it belonged to before the wrapped the item, we didn't have 1 screw missing for anything.
    CCJohnson10- I would be calling the moving company and letting them know about that, moving stuff in the crib could damage the crib and they would be liable

9. Regular Member
    One of our cribs has a minimal amount of screws to it, and we took it apart. The other one, they took apart, and almost left parts behind, so we put the "extra" parts into the box being designated "misc". Our last move wasn't really one of the best. I'd say take it apart yourself and having it waiting for them.

I have a brass vanity from when I was a teenager, it had made three moves, but the last one, who ever took it apart, lost screws and nuts, and we haven't been able to put it back together since. Now the parts just travel with us until I can find replacement pieces.
    Christina, WAHM to James (4) and Justin (2),and our angel Julia 7-28-10. I specialize in all things sewn, especially military apparel for children: http://www.hyenacart.com/creativemamas
    http://www.craftsbychristina.etsy.com