Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about the movers & packing...

1. Senior Member

Question Question about the movers & packing...

Advertisements
    We have a bunch of stuff already packed up in boxes like DD's & Ds's clothes that don't fit anymore, old toys I'm saving for DS, sesonal decorations etc etc. Do they unpack that stuff and re pack it or can it stay in the boxes it's already packed in? Sorry if that wording made it confusing

2. Banned
    Banned
    they are suppose to repack everything and nothing is suppose to be in totes-

if they do not repack it and say you packed it on the bill of laden you cannot get reimbursed if something is broken, lost or damaged.

IMO let them repack everything.
  3. Junior Member
    When we moved, they didnt repack the things that we had already packed, but they did put it on the inventory and said that they would take full responsibility.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    this is good to know...so do they REPACK into their own boxes or back into the totes..I also have about 8 or 9 totes of "stuff" clothes and toys mostly ...
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had things like that in boxes when we moved, and they opened the containers up and repacked them. They also put any totes we had in boxes, too.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzle Mizzle View Post
    I had things like that in boxes when we moved, and they opened the containers up and repacked them. They also put any totes we had in boxes, too.
    They put our totes in boxes too. Everything that was in them was repacked also.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    thanks for the replys..im not gonna put anything else is totes..lol...its hard not packing when you knowyour moving! weird...
  8. there is no place like home
    there is no place like home

The only thing they did not repack for us was old baby clothes in a rubbermaid tub. They just marked it as packed ourselves and taped the crap out of it. Oh yeah if you have something in a box that they dont put in but you do not them to write on it, make sure you tell them. They used a permanent marker to put dh's info on my scrapbook cutter thing that I wanted to sell and now I can't thanks to them.

9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jreinke98 View Post
    The only thing they did not repack for us was old baby clothes in a rubbermaid tub. They just marked it as packed ourselves and taped the crap out of it. Oh yeah if you have something in a box that they dont put in but you do not them to write on it, make sure you tell them. They used a permanent marker to put dh's info on my scrapbook cutter thing that I wanted to sell and now I can't thanks to them.
    oh that totally sucks they used permanent marker! so if i have stuff in a box thats NOT from them then i need to write on it?
  10. Senior Member
    They didn't repack our boxes and totes last time but they probably took a look at them and opted out.

I wonder if they will this time. I don't care either way but they might need two days to pack us this time. (thats what they alloted). I have 9 totes alone and a few boxes of just Christmas stuff. LOL Not to mention toys and old clothes I'm still saving.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast