Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Army Lodging Help

1. J.A.R.S. <3
    J.A.R.S. <3
    Blog Entries

Army Lodging Help

Advertisements
    Hey so DH and I tried to book army lodging in MD but its fully booked so I called this number that gave us a non-availability number, the lady spoke so fast and spoke some military lingo to me that I wasn't really familiar with... I know I should know the lingo by now but I swear I'll learn it...this is my first move too so bare with me please, and the lady said that DH will have to make his own accommodations and something about the finance office.

Now, my question is the non-availability number, who do I give that to? Since we don't have any place for army lodging can we go to any hotel around DH's new duty station? And does the hotel we choose to stay at, have to meet the requirements of the army or something like the costs? if we stay at a hotel will DH get a full refund, how does that work? A lot of questions I know but hopefully someone can help!

TIA.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    with a non availability form- you can stay any where you want-

as for cost- there is a local per diem rate ( if you tell me where you will use the TLE I can find it for you) that you have to stay under. this varies by location.
    and then you will get a food allowance with the hotel costs-
    now- the hotel costs are paid dollar for dollar and you will need to show reciepts when he does the travel claim, you do not need reciepts for the food- I guess they figure you HAVE TA eat

HTH's
  3. J.A.R.S. <3
    J.A.R.S. <3
    Blog Entries
    Great someone finally responded!! Now what's the TLE I? sorry.
  4. J.A.R.S. <3
    J.A.R.S. <3
    Blog Entries
  5. Banned
    Banned
    TLE is temporary lodging expense- this a per day allowance for a MAX of 10 days at the old or/and new duty station- this can be split between the 2- but cannot exceed 10 days.