Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fly in

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Fly in

Advertisements
    Where do you fly into to going to Ramstein?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. JK
    Frankfurt.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thank you so much. Now I can start thinking about these tickets and where to get them cheap. I guess I'm more worried about how long the flight is. One looked like 10 hours..another 15 hours. I think I might book them myself that way, I know what is going on. Just gotta wait until we know more when we need to leave this country.

Do you know how much time they give you to get use to the time change? Do they even do that or is it just the 8 days there?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Yeppers, sometimes its cheaper to fly into Luxembourg, we used them a lot when DH was at Spang (for future flights home may be a good idea). If your sponsored though the military should cover it, otherwise the rotator goes out of Baltimore straight to Ramstein (this is what the military will put you on before buying you a flight all the way over). Your flight times sound about normal. It's about 8 hours from the East coast to Frankfurt Main.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    So is it better if I get the flight or the military? I have pets so I figured I would need too.
  6. Senior Member
    You can get pets on military flights, I remember Shawn's colonel chewing someone out because they forgot to make space for his dog. I think they charge you, but its still going to be cheaper. Just make sure that they are up to date on shots and all, it will make everything else SO much easier, once you get paper orders the military will help you with flights (whether its paid for by the military on a normal airline or the rotator). Either way I definitely wouldn't pay for a flight yourself and I wouldn't worry about it until you have paper orders in hand, because until then everything can change (including dates).
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What is rotator?