Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Form 5888 Help **UPDATE They are sending me in circles AWW

1. Member

Bang Head Form 5888 Help **UPDATE They are sending me in circles AWW

Advertisements
    I am confused by it because it has places to list myself and DD but only one place for a doctor to sign? So do we do separate forms or does one doctor have to do both our screenings? This will be a problem because I am assigned to the coronado base and she is assigned to balboa. I tried to ask when I called to make appointments but the lady didn't even know what I was talking about. Thanks

*UPDATE*
    I called EFMP. They don't deal with it so they referred me over to the overseas screening office. The overseas screening office won't see me unless I have orders. I won't have orders unless we get approved for CS, I can't apply for CS without this paper signed. WHO THE HELL SIGNS THIS THING AWWWWWW
    Last edited by 68Wife; 08-17-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    DH ~ I did inventory, you have my heart, Killy has my DNA, and the army has my body.
    Wifey to Fashionista

2. Member
    DH ~ I did inventory, you have my heart, Killy has my DNA, and the army has my body.
    Wifey to Fashionista

3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea.. but I hope somebody helps
  4. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    You only need one 5888 form for both of you. If you already have had your physicals then you call up the EFMP program and ask them if you can make an appt. For me I had to go turn in the form and they called me to schedule the screening. My doctor on post had no idea what I was talking about and later I found out because they dont have to sign the form. The EFMP doctor you meet with signs the form. They look up your records in the system and ask you questions based off of what they see. I had no issues so I was in and out of my screening in 10mins.
  5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 360Sweetie View Post
    You only need one 5888 form for both of you. If you already have had your physicals then you call up the EFMP program and ask them if you can make an appt. For me I had to go turn in the form and they called me to schedule the screening. My doctor on post had no idea what I was talking about and later I found out because they dont have to sign the form. The EFMP doctor you meet with signs the form. They look up your records in the system and ask you questions based off of what they see. I had no issues so I was in and out of my screening in 10mins.
    WOOOOhooo I am so glad you told me this because I had just called the general appointment line to make appointments for myself and DD!
    Wifey to Fashionista

6. Member
    Is there a specific number for the EFMP program, I am trying to find one and not having much luck...
    Wifey to Fashionista

7. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Wife View Post
    Is there a specific number for the EFMP program, I am trying to find one and not having much luck...
    I am not sure what post you are going to for your screening but if you cant find it on the bases website I would call up ACS and ask them for the number. The EFMP overseas office up here is located in the hospital.
  8. Member
    I feel like an idiot but I don't know what to do now
    Wifey to Fashionista

9. JK
    Use rank, sometimes it's the only way. Work your way up your command structure until you find someone who can make it work. When you're in each of the unhelpful offices, ask who their supervisor/commander is and their phone. Call them and tell them you need help. I'm surprised a counselor at the Fam Svc Ctr can't get this worked out for you. That's what they're for.
    =]
    I totally feel your pain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast