Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Husband sent up paperwork to extend a year in Japan for command sponsorship.

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Husband sent up paperwork to extend a year in Japan for command sponsorship.

Advertisements
    So, everything has been completed with overseas screenings, and paperwork for command sponsorship has been sent up through his command in Sasebo,Japan. We know for a fact that the paperwork that was sent up with his command should take about 2 weeks. BUT they made him send up paperwork to extend another year in Japan since my son and I are coming, this paperwork got sent to Tennessee to be sent up and signed off he said. Has anyone else been through this & know about how long that paperwork can take? or could maybe ask husbands that might would have an idea? I'm just really anxious & so ready to leave, we just had our baby in June, luckily he was able to make it home for the birth. He said as soon as the paperwork to extend another year comes back, he will be able to go and get the plane tickets. so anyone have a clue on how long that paperwork takes to be sent up and signed off? thanks soooo much!
  2. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to MSOS.

First of all, I have to say.... you are about the 3rd person to become a member on MSOS and post this as your first thread. I have yet to see other posts from the other couple o members who have done this and I've spent a great deal of time helping them in Private Message.

Sooooo.... What I guess I would rather request is that you run a search for "command sponsorship" in the forums and you'll come up with my 6 MONTH mess of paperwork and a whole bunch of other answers to similar questions.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know, it's so hard to find some sort of an answer to the question anywhere. But thank you anyway, i'll definately check out your stuff
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    good luck with it all! i hope it happens for you quickly!!
  5. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    From NC@Sea
    I think a good month is what you are looking at for an answer. The thing that you must hope for is that they approve his extension. Just because the command approves it doesn't mean NPC is going to. It is all based on manning.
    Last edited by Hisgirl; 08-13-2009 at 10:47 PM.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    A month isn't too bad, about what I was probably expecting. I know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they approve it. It'll be aggravating and disappointing if we've come all this way for them to deny it. But, I'm trying to keep a good frame of mind about it all, even though it's hard with the hormones still out of whack from having the baby & dealing with being away from the husband. urrghh, what's new though? life of the military wife! haha!, we have to grin and bear it.
  7. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gabRielsm0mmax3 View Post
    A month isn't too bad, about what I was probably expecting. I know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they approve it. It'll be aggravating and disappointing if we've come all this way for them to deny it. But, I'm trying to keep a good frame of mind about it all, even though it's hard with the hormones still out of whack from having the baby & dealing with being away from the husband. urrghh, what's new though? life of the military wife! haha!, we have to grin and bear it.
    The thing I didn't realize is that DH is Army and your DH is Navy. Not that it matters to much but I do know the processes are a bit different between the 2 branches.

I sincerely hope it only takes a month. Hopefully the right people will get their hands on the packet and get it taken care of. That is truly where things start to go wrong and take more time is when someone doesn't know what they're doing or forgets about it and your packet is left floating around before it hits a trash can. Keeping my for you!