Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: No hard copies 45 days out?

  1. Amy
    Account Closed
    Amy's Avatar
    Amy is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,229
    #1

    No hard copies 45 days out?

    Advertisements
    My husband picked orders in February. He's set to report to school in September, and to his duty station (Anchorage) in December, and he has yet to receive hard copies of his orders. I'm getting nervous that there is a reason we haven't received the hard copies (other than someone just not doing their job, or something) and we won't end up going. My husband has gotten his command involved but nothing is really panning out. It's also frustrating because we can't really do the things we need to before our PCS. I'm living with my family (by default- I was planning on moving to Alaska after I graduated in May but that was put on hold when we didn't get the orders) and my husband is on deployment and won't be sent back until he gets his hard copies. There are so many things we still need to take care of, but neither one of us can do it from a distance and especially without all the necessary paperwork.

    Has this ever happened to anyone?
  2. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #2
    What branch? I know it can be kind of common in the Air Force because of how they do OCONUS orders... you can't get paper orders until all the med clearances and everything on his checklist is done...
  3. Amy
    Account Closed
    Amy's Avatar
    Amy is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,229
    #3
    Navy. There was already a delay in PCS orders but they started reissuing them in late June. I just want everything taken care of and am starting to get anxious. My husband's anxious too, and since he's so optimistic and level-headed it makes me even more nervous.
  4. Senior Member
    BlueBird's Avatar
    BlueBird is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,084
    #4
    We're Air Force and we didn't have a hard copy of our orders until we actually arrived at our PCS location. It was a HUGE pain. I'm sorry
  5. Amy
    Account Closed
    Amy's Avatar
    Amy is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,229
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SrahsCat View Post
    We're Air Force and we didn't have a hard copy of our orders until we actually arrived at our PCS location. It was a HUGE pain. I'm sorry
    How did you get everything taken care of? This is really, really frustrating. I should just let it go and try not to think about it, I guess.
  6. Senior Member
    kkristenmmarie's Avatar
    kkristenmmarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA 28th st.
    Posts
    468
    #6
    We have been in the SAME boat and dealing with this since last October. He was supposed to originally be moved by July, but then with the money issues and PCSing from the government, he had to pick new orders, then they lost them and he had to pick new ones again...

    Now they are telling us September :/ We haven't been able to start anything yet...they always tell him "two more weeks"

    and I'm nine months pregnant living in Fl (where he'll be moving) while he is stuck in Ca.

    Every time they try to get a hold of his detailer, she never answers/calls back/replies to emails. It is seriously driving both of us sick.

    You'd think that they would be better at this by now..them being trained for this job and all...I'm at my whits end. Can you tell?



  7. Amy
    Account Closed
    Amy's Avatar
    Amy is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,229
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kkristenmmarie View Post
    We have been in the SAME boat and dealing with this since last October. He was supposed to originally be moved by July, but then with the money issues and PCSing from the government, he had to pick new orders, then they lost them and he had to pick new ones again...

    Now they are telling us September :/ We haven't been able to start anything yet...they always tell him "two more weeks"

    and I'm nine months pregnant living in Fl (where he'll be moving) while he is stuck in Ca.

    Every time they try to get a hold of his detailer, she never answers/calls back/replies to emails. It is seriously driving both of us sick.

    You'd think that they would be better at this by now..them being trained for this job and all...I'm at my whits end. Can you tell?
    Oh gosh, I am so sorry. Same thing here though- he can't get ahold of the detailer, keeps being told "sometime this week", etc. I would move ahead of him, but I'm scared that he'll have to pick new orders or something and I'll be stuck in Alaska.
  8. Senior Member
    kkristenmmarie's Avatar
    kkristenmmarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA 28th st.
    Posts
    468
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Oh gosh, I am so sorry. Same thing here though- he can't get ahold of the detailer, keeps being told "sometime this week", etc. I would move ahead of him, but I'm scared that he'll have to pick new orders or something and I'll be stuck in Alaska.

    When he got his first chance to pick, he used his guard (guaranteed his orders) so then we got into the process of buying our first house...well, we had to scratch those plans when they then said that because of the freeze, they were no longer available...then they moved us to MacDill...then back to NAS JAX (jacksonville, fl) and now it looks like we are headed to mayport, Fl...

    It is actually nice to have someone in the same boat (even though I really wouldn't wish this on any one)

    this is our first PCS since he joined..the only reason why he re-enlisted was because he had guaranteed orders in combination with the tough economy and a new baby on the way. We thought we had gotten so lucky when we were going to live so close to our families, only to be jerked around continuously.

    I have learned through this experience to not move or begin moving until he has it all on hard copy. I'd start checking out possible living areas and apartments/housing, but I wouldn't schedule the move..not until it is all permanent.



  9. Pass the Chocolate
    Hisgirl's Avatar
    Hisgirl is offline
    Pass the Chocolate
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,829
    #9
    Does your DH need complete school first in order to get the Alaska orders?
  10. Amy
    Account Closed
    Amy's Avatar
    Amy is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,229
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
    Does your DH need complete school first in order to get the Alaska orders?
    I don't know! He hasn't even gotten the orders for the school yet. He's supposed to report to school September 28, and to his new duty station no later than December 7. But we have nothing.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •