Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Questions about travel pay

1. Incubating...
    Incubating...

Questions about travel pay

Advertisements
    Ok, so DH and I are PCSing to his first duty station in a few weeks. I am aware of the Dislocation Allowance, but I have heard several people talking about per diem travel pay and such.

How does this get paid? Do we need to save reciepts for gas and keep mileage records and turn them in to Finance or something? Or do they just pay a set amount per mile? If the Army is moving our stuff for us does this get forfeited? And also he should get the pay from his AIT location to his Duty station, not his HOR to his Duty station correct?

I know this is alot of questions, but if anyone can help me out with this I would be very thankful. I just don't want to lose something we are entitled to because we didn't turn something in or didn't know who to talk to.

TIA.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~ View Post
    Ok, so DH and I are PCSing to his first duty station in a few weeks. I am aware of the Dislocation Allowance, but I have heard several people talking about per diem travel pay and such.

How does this get paid? Do we need to save reciepts for gas and keep mileage records and turn them in to Finance or something? Or do they just pay a set amount per mile? If the Army is moving our stuff for us does this get forfeited? And also he should get the pay from his AIT location to his Duty station, not his HOR to his Duty station correct?

I know this is alot of questions, but if anyone can help me out with this I would be very thankful. I just don't want to lose something we are entitled to because we didn't turn something in or didn't know who to talk to.

TIA.
    ok- first Per diem is paid by per person per day- for authorised travel days
    the member will get 109 per day and the spouse will get 84.25 per day ( if they travel together)
    then there is MALT- malt is paid per mile per POV this is 24 cents a mile- and is paid for each authorised mile from the HOR to the 1st duty station ( in your case)

no you do not forfiet the allowances if you do a GOV move-
    no you do not need reciepts for per diem - this is a flat rate allowance- yours to use as you see fit for enroute PCS travel- this is to cover meals and hotels.
    no you do not need reciepts for MALT_ this too is a flat rate allowance.

DLA is also a flat rate allowance and you do not show reciepts for this either.

the only time you need to show reciepts are for PPM's ( formerly known as as DITY ; do it your self move) however you can also do a Partial PPm and get reimbursed for bringing stuff in your POV.

and lastly there is TLE and this is for a hotel and food costs at the old or new duty station or a combonation of the 2- this has max stays and a max dollar amount and can be paid in advance ( tho I don't suggest it, due to some rules that can result in a loss of entitlements), this you also need to show reciepts for for the hotel - but not for food costs.

HTH's

editing in to say- generally yes they pay for the member to get from school to the first duty station - but this is branch specific and some will pay for the flight home if it is the same cost or less than the flight to the new duty station- this will be something your DH asks about at AIT.
  3. Incubating...
    Incubating...
    Thanks for the info. Do we have to go into the finance office to get all of this or will it automatically be recieved? Is it automatically received after he reports or is it paid in advance?
  4. Banned
    Banned
    you have to apply for ALL travel allowances- you can apply to get some in advance and then will submit the travel claim after the move for the balance.
  5. Incubating...
    Incubating...
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you have to apply for ALL travel allowances- you can apply to get some in advance and then will submit the travel claim after the move for the balance.
    Thank you...and just one more question...sorry...

Do we do that at the Travel office or at the Finance office??
  6. Banned
    Banned
    you will need to do everything financial at the finance office- you will need everything HHG's related at the TO office.