Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort hood on post housing?!?!?!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Big Grin Fort hood on post housing?!?!?!

Advertisements
    I was wondering how is living on post @ fort hood.
    Are the houses pretty decent??
    Do you think on post of off post is better?!?!
  2. Senior Member
    We lived off post so I couldnt really tell you. They looked DECENT but I havent seen any interior so I really cant help you, I wish I had more info
    Gotta look this life in the eye.
  3. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    DH and I wanted to head to Ft. Hood only because it's closer to home. I've been wondering about the housing myself. Keeping tabs on this thread!
  4. Senior Member
    You could try looking it up on onestop.army.mil for pictures and a virtual tour.
    Cori Aletta______ Avery William

09.23.09_________06.13.11
  5. there is no place like home
    there is no place like home

It's decent in some areas but run down in others. I know that they just built new housing and going to remodel others soon. I have never lived on post there but my friends live/lived in practically every neighborhood on post. Like it was already said, check out online for the virtual tours. If you decide to live off post, there are a ton of areas you want to avoid. We just left there in March and if you have questions I can help ya out if ya need some.

6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I lived on post at hood, and unless they offered me a brand new house I wouldn't live on post. I don't recommend using the virtual tour, they're only going to post a picture perfect house. Once you get there I'd suggest getting on the list and walking through the house they are offering. Open cabinets, open drawers, and look all over.

Now after hating Hood housing we moved off post. I loved,loved living off post. We got a house,way bigger than what our rank got us on post, for a really decent price. I suggest calling around to rental managers and asking if they have anything open. I went by rental offices, got a list/keys for open houses and looked at them.

Everyone is going to have a different experience with post housing. I wish you luck!
  7. KARMA!!!!
    KARMA!!!!
    We live in Comanche and love it lots of kids and its clean and every block has a playground PM me if you want more info!!! we have 3 kids dint know what your looking for!!! just let me know!!! we off Clark rd if it helps...
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    hey my name is wendy and i am new to this site. My fiance and i are getting married in a month. We found out he is getting stationed at ft hood. So ill b moving with him just looking for some friends there. if anyone wants to talk feel free to write me
  9. Missin my baby...again...
    Missin my baby...again...
    We live on post right now in Comanche III. I love it on post and see no reason to move off! We live in one of the newer homes and its a 4 bedrm which is perfect for us since we have 3 kids. and since were on the west side of post there isnt really an issue with traffic. Its a nice area as well and weve never had any problems here..and the fact that we dont pay any utilies is a sweet lil bonus
  10. Senior Member
    We live in Pershing Park, which is an off base community. They offered us a house on base, and it was like something out of the 40s. Our house now is not bad, but it is older and I am constantly calling maintenance about our plumbing. It does have a huge laundry room, which I love. The kitchen is decent sized, and it has 2 full baths. We have a postage stamp for a lawn, but we dont have any dogs.

There are alot of open houses here, and it is mixed rank housing. We have everything from an E-5 to a captain on our street.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast