Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Oversea's Screening?

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Question Oversea's Screening?

Advertisements
    Hi! I'm an Navy wife, and getting ready to do my Oversea's Militarty screening part two. I already had my dental and shots done.. Now working on part 2 my question is what should I expect?? and also what should I bring?? I have no medical records is a physical all I need?? Also for my sons I have nothing but shot records because of course no health issuses or meds. if someone could please give me the heads up,so I will have everything ready to go. I'm new to this lifestyle..and any information would be great.

Also I heard of some people getting there Medical Screenings through an approved Tricare Doc is that true??
  2. Senior Member
    You have no medical records at all? They may make you both have physicals then, I'm not sure. I would call ahead of time to be sure. Otherwise you just go in and they ask you a lot of questions.
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    oh alright thanks.. no I have nothing but shot records for my sons but I do have OB records from this July I gave birth, Maybe they would be good enough.
  4. Senior Member
    Can you get their medical records? Or is just that they've never been to the doctor? I had my old doctors office fax my records over.
  5. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    I didnt have any medical records in the military system and they didnt care. I just had to get a physical done but I have never had children or any health issues that would cause them to go over my records from other doctors. Since you gave birth this year they will probably want to see those records.
  6. JK
    For the kids, they'll need a current physical, similar to getting a school physical done, nothing exciting. They may need some shots, typical overseas precautions. It does need to be done by a Tricare DR, since going to an unapproved one in town would mean the military doesn't pay for it. Ask Tricare where you should go. Since you just had a child, your records should be good, just may need the 'official' overseas screening form filled out by a family practice type person, not an OB/GYN. Usually, you need a PAP within the last year, obviously you're good to go with that! Have fun!