Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: fort bragg moving questions....

1. Junior Member

Help fort bragg moving questions....

Advertisements
    hey there so i have a few questions if anyone can help i would be so greatful since im stressing big time!

1. when do we get our move date

2. do they pay for the move or are we reimbursed

3. when we get to n.c. do we have to pay our own cab/rental car/shuttle or whatever to get to base?

4. this is the big one how long did you all wait for housing?

5. what do i do to stop worrying this is freaking me out i have no car and no place to live when i get there ahh!
  2. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    1. when do we get our move date- When your husband gets his orders it should have a report date on it.

2. do they pay for the move or are we reimbursed- You can do a DITY move which means you move all your stuff and get reimbersed, or a partial move . You can also choose to let the Army move you completely.

3. when we get to n.c. do we have to pay our own cab/rental car/shuttle or whatever to get to base? Yup but keep receipts because you can possibly be reimbursed for that stuff. You should also recieve travel allowance and DLA which is Dislocation Allowance and will help you pay for stuff like that .

4. this is the big one how long did you all wait for housing? No one can answer that question because the housing wait time change constantly . Call housing on Ft Bragg they can tell you .

5. what do i do to stop worrying this is freaking me out i have no car and no place to live when i get there ahh! Start researching go to www.arhn.com which is the army referral housing site which you can use to find housing offpost in the event nothing onpost is available.

You can also go to https://army.onestop.mil and look at the housing for ft bragg