Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever not get their move money on time????????

1. Senior Member

Anybody ever not get their move money on time????????

Advertisements
    We were suppose to have our move money today, but ADMIN forgot to put some attachment on the travel claim before sending it to millington. They told my DH it could be another week before we got our money. He talked to his cheif and he ended up getting involved and now I guess everything is at DFAS so we are just waiting on them to deposit the money. Not real sure how long it will take now that it is at DFAS. Has anyone else ever experienced this?????

I am pissed!!
  2. You are here.
    You are here.
    I have heard of a few ladies on another forum who didn't receive it until after they left. IDK why, some took some loans out from family, one waiting until payday...
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    We got less than 1/3 of what we were supposed to for our last move, and because it was deposited less than 10 days before our PCS, we couldn't change it.. so we had to be reimbursed once he got to the recieving command.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There was some kind of mistake with our last move and we didn't get any of it until almost a month after we were here. We had to use our bonus money to get us both here, and once we got here, we did something wrong paperwork wise, never completely understood what it was and we were out almost $2,000

I'm a huge believer in savings cause after this move, I just don't trust the Navy with moving money.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    once it gets to DFAS it will take 7- 10 days to get to your account.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    once it gets to DFAS it will take 7- 10 days to get to your account.

Oh wow, is that including weekend days or is that 7-10 buisness days. We needed it by next wednesday, thats when we had planned to leave here. We can wait till thursday but no longer then that. Man this sucks!!!!
  7. Senior Member
    we had this happen on our last PCS....they didn't even put in that we needed it...so we had to move on our paycheck (which was not enough). They FINALLY got it put in and then gave it to us twice....we are still waiting on them to figure out they overpaid us (even though we have told them a billion times now). It apparently happens to alot of us =/ next time I know to have savings.

Kaiden Matthew Baby #2
  8. Senior Member
    All these stories are really scaring me lol. I am really hoping now that everything is at DFAS we will get our money. And that it will be the full amount we are suppose to get.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    this is why I tell everyone to apply for the PCS entitlements 30 days before the PCS date-

if you do not get orders in time to do them that early- you need to hand walk them thru the process and ask for expidited pay.

geting the money will depend on what you asked for - how you asked for it and when you asked for it.

and it is 7-10 full days including weekends.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1986 View Post
    All these stories are really scaring me lol. I am really hoping now that everything is at DFAS we will get our money. And that it will be the full amount we are suppose to get.
    That big mess up was our first big PCS as a married couple, so I'm pretty sure that we didn't do all of the paperwork right or on time.

Don't let this scare you, it doesn't always happen, and it sounds like your getting some good advice on the process

I wish I knew about this site when we were getting ready to move Would have helped a lot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast