Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Daily per deim rates and mileage rates

  1. Senior Member
    amanda1986's Avatar
    amanda1986 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    #1

    Daily per deim rates and mileage rates

    Advertisements
    Does anyone know what the daily perdiem rates are for an E-6 with dependants for a PCS move? Also what are the mileage rates and is it per car or just for one car? If anyone knows can you please let me know. Trying to figure out how much we will end up getting before we leave here.
  2. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #2
    the per diem rates are the same for all members- regardless of rank;

    they are: per diem: 109 for the member 75% for the spouse and each dependant over 12 and 50% for each dependant under 12.


    MALT: is 24 cents a mile for each authorised mile per AUTHORISED vehicle.

    per diem is based per day per person for OFFICIAL Mileage- divided by 350
    Malt is also based on the same number of official miles.

    editing in to add- you no longer have to drive the second vehicle- there is a way to get the GOV to partially reimburse for the cost of shipping it. I can get you that information if you need it.
  3. Banned
    clsmarathon's Avatar
    clsmarathon is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,567
    #3
    Also, if you check GSA's website, it will show you what the applicable government hotel rate is for any area. It's helpful for setting a budget.
  4. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clsmarathon View Post
    Also, if you check GSA's website, it will show you what the applicable government hotel rate is for any area. It's helpful for setting a budget.
    not really sure what this has to do with PCS per diem- it is a flat rate no matter what the GOV rate is-

    and sometimes the internet rate or walk in rate is cheaper than the GOV rate.
  5. Senior Member
    amanda1986's Avatar
    amanda1986 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    the per diem rates are the same for all members- regardless of rank;

    they are: per diem: 109 for the member 75% for the spouse and each dependant over 12 and 50% for each dependant under 12.


    MALT: is 24 cents a mile for each authorised mile per AUTHORISED vehicle.

    per diem is based per day per person for OFFICIAL Mileage- divided by 350
    Malt is also based on the same number of official miles.

    editing in to add- you no longer have to drive the second vehicle- there is a way to get the GOV to partially reimburse for the cost of shipping it. I can get you that information if you need it.
    What do you mean by authorized vehicle, my husband put down both our vehicles on the move paperwork. Does that mean we will get the 24 cents a mile for each vehicle? Also I am a little confused by the perdiem, do you take the total mileage from here to new duty station and divide that by 350 and that will give you the amount of days you are paid per diem for?
  6. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1986 View Post
    What do you mean by authorized vehicle, my husband put down both our vehicles on the move paperwork. Does that mean we will get the 24 cents a mile for each vehicle? Also I am a little confused by the perdiem, do you take the total mileage from here to new duty station and divide that by 350 and that will give you the amount of days you are paid per diem for?
    yes for the vehicles- he just has to put on the paperwork that he wants to move 2 cars.

    yes you will get 24 cents a mile for each

    sorta- they will use an official mileage calculator to figure the per diem-
    you can get a close guess by using map quest or AAA- and then divide the total miles for the shortest route by 350 and that will give you the number of authorised travel days. ( guesstimate since the official mileage can be higher or lower)
    Last edited by gunsgirl; 07-28-2009 at 02:43 PM.
  7. Senior Member
    amanda1986's Avatar
    amanda1986 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    yes for the vehicles- he just has to put on the paperwork that he wants to move 2 cars.

    yes you will get 24 cents a mile for each

    sorta- they will use an official mileage calculator to figure the per diem-
    you can get a close guess by using map quest or AAA- and then divide the total miles for the shorted route by 350 and that will give you the number of authorised travel days. ( guesstimate since the official mileage can be higher or lower)
    Ok got it. My DH figured it all up this weekend I just wanted to double check and see if his amounts were correct. Thanks so much for the info.
  8. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #8
    don't forget the DLA!!!!
  9. Senior Member
    amanda1986's Avatar
    amanda1986 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    don't forget the DLA!!!!
    He said that was 2099 for E-6. Is that right?
  10. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1986 View Post
    He said that was 2099 for E-6. Is that right?
    yes!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •