Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Lewis lodging questions????

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused Ft. Lewis lodging questions????

Advertisements
    Hey Ladies!

My soon to be husband and i are getting married aug. 1 and after that we are planning for both of us to go back to Ft. lewis until he deploys but the question is where would we stay? i know that there is lodging on the base but the rates are very high... and i thought that the lodging on base was suppose to be cheaper then off base rate. Maybe someone who has been in my shoes can tell me where we should stay or what to do.... thanks!
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    There is a La Quinta near post. I know there are some SUPER cheap places on Pacific Ave. but they are really sketchy. How long will you be here for?
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    we will come in on the 16th of aug. and stay until around the 10th of sept.
  4. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Yikes that's a long time for a hotel. Good luck though. Base lodging really isn't meant for that sort of thing. Hopefully, you guys can figure something out.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    That would be a long time for any hotel!

Do you or your DF have any friends in the area that you two can stay with?!?
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Does your DF have any married friends with extra room? It would kinda suck for both couples since it's the last bit a time before the deployment but lodging would be expensive and I went out of my mind staying in lodging for 10 days. Or I know there are some on post houses that are empty. Are you planning on staying at Lewis after he leaves?
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    no we are from GA... we both have never even been out west before.... he went june 1st for the first time... what would you do if you were in my shoes?
  8. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin K View Post
    no we are from GA... we both have never even been out west before.... he went june 1st for the first time... what would you do if you were in my shoes?
    Honestly, I would come out the week before he deployed and stay that week in a hotel. It's unrealistic to stay in a hotel that long.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I found an extended stay hotel but it's like $25 more a night than lodging. He'll get BAH from the date you get married but it will take a while to get it so you'd have to put the money up. I think I'd just stay in GA. It sucks to do when you're just married but if you think about it in terms of the deployment length it's not that much extra time.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    yes i know... we just want to spend as much time together as possible... and my job has already given me the time off. so the lodging is the only thing thats stopping us.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast