Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help relocating to Puerto Rico!!!

1. Member

Help relocating to Puerto Rico!!!

Advertisements
    hello everyone! DH and I just found out that were getting relocated to Puerto Rico early next yr. Anyone ever live there before? What do I need to do to go? By the time we go we will have a 6 month old any thing we need to do about her going? What about with a pet?? I just need and would appreciate any knowledge you ladies have. TIA!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    you will need to go thru all the command sponsorship stuff - the same as any foriegn location.
    I believe you will also need passports, EMF screenings ect.

the cost to get your pet there will be out of pocket- I do not think there is a quarentine process. the only thing is there are weight, breed and weather restrictions these differ by airlines.

they will ship one car and one car only.

there are no wieght restrictions as far as HHG's go.

I know a few Coasites who are there and I and I can ask them specific questions if you need .
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I didn't think you needed passports for Puerto Rico, because it's a US territory.
  4. J.A.R.S. <3
    J.A.R.S. <3
    Blog Entries
    my dh and i vacationed in PR just recently and you didnt need your passport since it is U.S. territory. I would give you more advice about move but I haven't experienced it yet since I am also in the same boat as you. But Congrats on getting P.R. its such a beautiful place and the beaches are gorgeous!! My DH and I are making that our vacation place to go every year! good luck and congrats again!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    HMM I thought I read on the DOS site that PR was one of the ones that needed a passport this yr- let me check!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    ok, my bad--- since it is a US territory no need for a Passport- don't know what i read!! LOL
  7. Senior Member
    The driving is insane in PR, that's the one thing that I most recall about PR. You have to drive aggressively, seriously. Otherwise, like someone else said, it's beautiful there. You'll want to check out their quarantine rules about pets to see if there is a quarantine periodand how long your pet will have to stay in.