Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overseas

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Overseas

Advertisements
    What is something you would pack for the quick move overseas? You know, the stuff they send early. A friend of mine recommended things like if you are going camping. Air mattress stuff like that.

How do you deal with the voltage change?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Banned
    Banned
    cannot help with the votage thing- except to recommend the adapters.

As for the express shipment ( AKA Unaccompanied baggage)

things I sent were: towels, linens, blankets, wash clothes, dish towels, a bath mat.
    a shower curtian ( 3 dollar plastic one) cheap rings. a 13 in tv, the playstation, an airbed, pillows, pillow cases, a pot, a pan, with a lid, cook ware, plastic dinner ware, pot holders, clothes, SHOES LOL I sent 6 pair!! I also sent a box of 2 different size ziplock bags!
    I also sent folding camp chairs to sit on!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Do you get so much poundage for it?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    yes, about 500lbs for the service member, +350lbs for the spouse. Children over 12 get 350lbs as well and under is either 100 or 150lbs. Your local TMO can give you the info on the weight and the pcs breifings that you will need to attend.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    It is a MAX of 1,000 lbs. per the JFTR.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    yes, about 500lbs for the service member, +350lbs for the spouse. Children over 12 get 350lbs as well and under is either 100 or 150lbs. Your local TMO can give you the info on the weight and the pcs breifings that you will need to attend.
    My DH went to TMO and takes the paperwork with him. I haven't been able to read it.

So we are looking at aprox. 1000 lbs.

Are we right in looking at getting an air mattress?
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    My DH went to TMO and takes the paperwork with him. I haven't been able to read it.

So we are looking at aprox. 1000 lbs.

Are we right in looking at getting an air mattress?
    Can't you get loaner furniture from base? Here in Korea if you live off base you can still get furniture through ACS. We have loaned furniture in housing since we sold most of ours before coming here. However, we brought our own bed, no way I was going to sleep on an Army issued bed for 3+ years.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We don't know if you get that in Ramstein. We are waiting for a major meeting. We are just going by what friends told us.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    just to clarify- you cannot send any furniture- unless it goes in a box no bigger than a wardrobe box.

the stuff I sent weight a little over 750 lbs- and there were 3 of us.

oh and i wanted to add we aslo sent cat stuff for the cats to have - a cat bed for each, new toys -

I would find out if there is a lending locker before buying an airbed- since they are not the most confortable things to sleep on!
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    just to clarify- you cannot send any furniture- unless it goes in a box no bigger than a wardrobe box.

the stuff I sent weight a little over 750 lbs- and there were 3 of us.

oh and i wanted to add we aslo sent cat stuff for the cats to have - a cat bed for each, new toys -

I would find out if there is a lending locker before buying an airbed- since they are not the most confortable things to sleep on!
    We have a select comfort bed so that was not an issue at all, it breaks down to fit in boxes. However, we are Navy and had no such limitations to come to Korea. We just figured we will start fresh with new furniture when we return to the states.

Hopefully there is a lending locker. My brother was at Ramstein a few years ago maybe he'd know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast