Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know?

1. Junior Member

Does anyone know?

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,
    I just called over to the lady in passports and she said we needed to apply for our overseas passports/EFMP BEFORE our orders were actually cut. Is that correct?

That seems bizarre to me, as if we don't actually have orders cut, how do we know if we even need to do this stuff if we aren't going overseas? We were slated to go first to Hawaii (no passport needed), then Germany, but it looks like it might be changing again.

Does anyone know? I have been told by everyone else here on base you have to wait for orders to do anything at all.

Help? She also said that if the EFMP was not completed within 30 days of the briefing, we'd get 'failure to complete medical examination' on his orders or something. Well I scheduled it a week ago, but it is EXACTLY 30 days after and that was their first available, so that's not our fault! Is there anything we can do? This is ridiculous here, the right hand does not even know that there is a left hand!
    [CENTER]"Be curious, not judgemental." -- Walt Whitman
  2. Senior Member
    I know for the Air Force you have to have your EFMP cleared before you can get your passport and SOFA stamp... Then you have to get your passport and SOFA before they will cut the actual orders, some of this has to do with how they do DEROS and if you aren't cleared for some reason or can't get a visa or something you can possibly put in for a different assignment, not as possible if you already have actual orders cut.
  3. Junior Member
    Well, we talked with a ssgt tonight who has been OCONUS to our post and he said, "you'll get orders, and then you'll go to the offices, and if you want it pushed through so you can go together since they JUST changed them, I'll do that for you."

YAY! We both feel so much better!
  4. Incubating...
    Incubating...
    Yes that is correct. I did my EFMP and my No Fee passport almost 2 months ago and my DH still does not have his orders yet. Get it done ASAP because the passport takes awhile.
  5. Junior Member
    Well that little piece of information would have been nice to know about three months ago. They JUST called DH for a por appointment last week (orders changed) and he already graduated. Guess we'll just have to push the paperwork thru as fast as we can. Thanks!
  6. Junior Member
    I'll probably just use my civvy passport to go over there and get the military one when we get there.
  7. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    We had to have hard orders to get passports (the no-fee one issues by the military) and have overseas screening done. This was for Italy and the Navy.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
    We had to have hard orders to get passports (the no-fee one issues by the military) and have overseas screening done. This was for Italy and the Navy.
    All branches do it different, Army does it like Navy I guess too I think.

Be careful going over without a no-fee passport and visa... They won't pay for it and you can't get reimbursed for it, also they can make you go back to the states and come back.
  9. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    As far as the visa / SOFA goes, for Korea at least, I got those when I arrived here. All I needed to get here was the orders with my name on them, my no-fee passport and my EFMP clearance.
  10. Senior Member
    With the air force you get basically your orders but nothing is set in stone until you get all our clearances. And than they get the hard copies. At least that is how it worked for DH with going to Alaska.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast