Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: questions questions

1. Senior Member

Question questions questions

Advertisements
    hubs finally got his orders to go to bangor, wa.. so my questions are cause i for the life of me cannot remember what to do before we move.

how far in advance should we apply for dla? i think malt also but correct me if i am wrong?.
    if anyone knows how long should it take to get our stuff in wa?

if there is anymore info i would love it cause it has been 4 yrs since we moved and i cannot remember anything also we got screwed a little cause my hubs didn't apply for somthing and we ended up paying out of pocket.. i think it was for gas or somthing i dunno..
  2. we survived infertility
    we survived infertility
    I really have no idea :idk: We never had to "apply" for dla, but we also never got it til well after we moved, so maybe we did something wrong? Lol.
  3. Finally Together Again!
    Finally Together Again!
    My husband did his DLA paperwork during in-processing. He got our DLA when he took my travel itinerary(sp) into finance, where he also signed me up for my COLA
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife85 View Post
    hubs finally got his orders to go to bangor, wa.. so my questions are cause i for the life of me cannot remember what to do before we move.

how far in advance should we apply for dla? i think malt also but correct me if i am wrong?.
    if anyone knows how long should it take to get our stuff in wa?

if there is anymore info i would love it cause it has been 4 yrs since we moved and i cannot remember anything also we got screwed a little cause my hubs didn't apply for somthing and we ended up paying out of pocket.. i think it was for gas or somthing i dunno..
    once you have hard copy orders= I suggest applying for the DLA, Malt and per diem at least 30- 45 days before your PCS leave date.

if you are doing a partial PPM or a POV shipment that you submit the requests for this also 45-60 days in advance.