Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Unaccompanied Orders

1. Regular Member

Unaccompanied Orders

Advertisements
    SO my husband has been extended another year on unaccompanied orders in BAH. He will not be returning now till the end of next year. We were thinking about moving me and the kids back east by family since I really need the support group right now and everyone I know has moved away. Will the navy pay to move us back east or will I be forking out the money for it.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure they won't pay to move you... they should at least pay your BAH if its more expensive a living area though.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Im pretty sure they will not pay for it since they are not sending you to that location on orders or anything... not 100% though so I will for ya
  4. Banned
    Banned
    actually it will be dependant on how the orders are written- for BAH they may allow you to move- this however is branch specific and the only ones to tell you will be the Finance office for your branch.

for the CG they will pay for the spouse to move to any designated place on the CG dime and BAH is based on spouse location for the yr.
    so check with your branch-

also if you are navy they just approved spouses with children to move to Bahrain.....
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    actually it will be dependant on how the orders are written- for BAH they may allow you to move- this however is branch specific and the only ones to tell you will be the Finance office for your branch.

for the CG they will pay for the spouse to move to any designated place on the CG dime and BAH is based on spouse location for the yr.
    so check with your branch-

also if you are navy they just approved spouses with children to move to Bahrain.....
    thanks I will have to check. But as for the approval on spouses you have to be an E6 or above
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lkohana View Post
    thanks I will have to check. But as for the approval on spouses you have to be an E6 or above
    That's the first I've heard of that and I've been following this pretty closely. According to the Bahrain fact sheet (http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres...nal29Jun09.doc) this new policy for spouses and dependents applies to ALL enlisted and officers. It doesn't list a minimum rank. I would check into that one further if I were you. A limit on rank has never once been mentioned in any official Navy publications that I've read.
  7. JK
    We're Navy and I saw that Bahrain just opened to families. For the rank issue, that's a good question, don't know that one. I think another question to ask is if he's been extended, it would seem unlikely they would move you. If he has NEW orders for another year there, they may move you to the home of record on DEERS, since it's a new assignment. Good luck.
  8. Senior Member

I know someone who has orders to Bah, and it has opened to dependents and children...without being a specific rate, atleast thats what I have heard from that navy personel. I'd def. check into it more. Best of luck to be closer to your family :]
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyWife.Moody View Post
    I know someone who has orders to Bah, and it has opened to dependents and children...without being a specific rate, atleast thats what I have heard from that navy personel. I'd def. check into it more. Best of luck to be closer to your family :]
    I TOTALLY FORGOT MY DAUGHTER CAN'T GO TO BAHRAIN BECAUSE SHE IS EFM AND SHE IS LIMITED TO HAWAII AND STATESIDE