Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Goodfellow AFB - during tech school

1. Loyal to those, Loyal to me
    Loyal to those, Loyal to me

Goodfellow AFB - during tech school

Advertisements
    I feel so lost! Here's the deal:

So my DH will be stationed at San Angelo, TX (GOODFELLOW AFB) during tech school. Tech school is 4 months and the military will not pay for me to move. My DH really wants me to move out there with him. So, I figured I can jam pack my car with clothes and a blow up matress and stay out there for 4 months.

Anyways, I'm having trouble finding a CHEAP apartment that allows dogs. And also, close to the base. I'm also having trouble finding a temp or part time job. Can I work on base during his tech school??
    Do any of you know of an apartment that I could rent for a decent amount of money? 400-500 monthly.

ANY advice/stories about Goodfellow AFB and my situation is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
  2. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    Hey. I did the same thing. My hubby was stationed in San Angelo for tech school as well it was supposed to be for 4 months but ended up being 6 while we waited for his security clearance.
    We stayed at Willow Run apartments and rent was $525 for a 2 bedroom, plus they provide cable and some utilities so the only utility we had was electric. BAH was 800ish if I remember correctly, anyway I know we were able to pocket some money off that. The apartments are very close to the base in fact I remember the manager telling me that 75% of the residents there are military. I don't remember if they allow dogs though. They're older apartments but they keep them VERY clean.
    If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I was very glad we did and it was totally doable. Good luck!
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    Hey. I did the same thing. My hubby was stationed in San Angelo for tech school as well it was supposed to be for 4 months but ended up being 6 while we waited for his security clearance.
    We stayed at Willow Run apartments and rent was $525 for a 2 bedroom, plus they provide cable and some utilities so the only utility we had was electric. BAH was 800ish if I remember correctly, anyway I know we were able to pocket some money off that. The apartments are very close to the base in fact I remember the manager telling me that 75% of the residents there are military. I don't remember if they allow dogs though. They're older apartments but they keep them VERY clean.
    If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I was very glad we did and it was totally doable. Good luck!
    I live 3 hours away in del rio and I live in willowwood apartments (sister apartments to willow run) down here they allow dogs but it's an $800 deposit., rent is now $575 for two bedroom. I will say I don't think it's worth moving before the Af moves you. plus with having a pay extra fees because of having dogs it makes it harder. Most apartments won't let you have a lease shorter then 6 months. san angelo isn't much different then del rio besides the fact you don't have to deal with the boarder.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    oh and it's a bit hard sometimes to get a job on base. it took me 4 months to finally get a NAF job. But we have a big populating of officers and most of their wives beat me out for jobs because they have college. Also if you know spanish that will give you a heads up. you are only 3 hours way from the border!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Goodfellow housing

I'm from Texas-Houston. We were stationed in Gf in 2000-03.
    Rent in SA can be high because they know people aren't staying or homesteading. However, SA state is located there and if you look on the college boards for roommates etc. You may have a little more luck. Also if you are game we did have a chief live in the KOA park until he got married-but there are more options just outside the city limits. And she is right jobs are hard to find if you don't have a degree. But tell him to ask around, most instructors want to help but very few ask. West Texas is beautiful in its own way(it takes awhile). Darla
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi...I was stationed at San Angelo for four years. Some of the single military down there stayed in the Southland Arms apartments and had no complaints. This is down by the college, and close to the hospital (off of loop 360 and Knickerbocker Road). The majority, however, found it cheaper to rent a house and split it between 2-3 people. As an example, when I bought my home there, I pocketed about $300 per month (after utilities) in BAH. Take a $500/month house rent and split it up, and it gets very affordable. Good luck, and have fun in San Angelo.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm staying at Angelo Place here in San Angelo come the 17th. Its mostly college and military living there. its about $379 right now because they have a promo and they allow dogs. You might want to call and ask them about the prices incase they have changed.
  8. Senior Member
    I stayed with DH in the TLF on base at Goodfellow last summer.... he was TDY and we just got it approved for me to stay with him. They do not allow dogs unless they are service animals (my dog is), so I'm not sure that helps since you have a dog. I know other wives also stayed in the TLF with their husbands.