Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Duty station

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

First Duty station

Advertisements
    My Dh is finally getting stationed for the first time well I guess I mean we are in a month. I have no idea how this works and I dont think he really does either. I dont know how to move our stuff or anything. Offbase or onbase? Please help with any comments, websites, or ideas. I'm lost. We are moving from IL to NC.
  2. Senior Member
    He should be attending briefings with TMO as far as moving. Are you doing TMO or a DITY move? Have you been looking at your gaining base to figure out where you are going to live yet?

3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    He said he hasn't heard anything. He has no idea about the moving. I dont know whats going on. He's asked some people, but never got an answer really. We were supose to already move 4 weeks ago, but he go into some advanced training and had to stay longer. I've looked everywhere on the internet and I have no idea what to do. He wants us to live off base, so Ive been looking at websites with rentals for offbase. I don't know what to do.
  4. Senior Member
    He needs to contact his gaining base sponsor.(He should have been told who this is, or have already been contacted by this person) Were his orders cut before or after you guys got married? Are you on the orders?

5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    He's never said anything about a gaining base sponsor. No we got married before, and I'm not sure if im on his orders. I guess that could make a huge difference?
  6. Senior Member
    If you got married before the orders were cut, then chances are you aren't on them. You need to check as that will effect your moving allowance.

7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I think I am because we are already recieving bah and he gets 10 days to come home to move us and find a place, but then again I have no idea how anything works. Hes almost been in for a year and hasnt been stationed yet.
  8. Senior Member
    Has he spoken to TMO at all??

9. Senior Member
    And even if you are receiving BAH, does NOT mean that you are on his orders.That simply means finance knows he is married.

You need to get in contact with TMO. Thats basically your next stop.

10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I dont think so. He wants me to try to figure everything out. i have no idea where to figure anything out at or how to. Whats the difference between the types of moves. DH keeps saying he wants us to do a ditty move because some other guy said that what he did last time. All of our stuff is in a storage shed because I packed everything up so its ready to go. Ive just been staying with my mom. And he graduates july 13th, I just figured he would have everything set up and hes like no you need to try to figure something out I dont have time I have training all day.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast