Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Korea - Command Sponsorship

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Korea - Command Sponsorship

Advertisements
    My husband was stationed in Korea last month and now we are looking at command sponsorship. We have a 4 month old and a dog. Anyone have any advice or know where I can find out more information about moving? This will be my first move outside the country, so I need all the advice and help I can get.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bri0221; 06-22-2009 at 01:15 PM.
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Talk to Songtan Sally on here, she lives there and almost always has really good insight and answers

3. Army Wife
    Army Wife
    Where is he stationed at? Here at Yongsan dogs are not allowed to live in housing so you would have to live off post if you brought your dog.

The first place to start is to get an EFMP (exceptional family member program) screening to make sure that there are not any problems that would hinder your command sponsorship.
  4. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    This is the information you need: http://www.osan.af.mil/shared/media/...090406-074.pdf
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by amandakunis View Post
    Where is he stationed at? Here at Yongsan dogs are not allowed to live in housing so you would have to live off post if you brought your dog.

The first place to start is to get an EFMP (exceptional family member program) screening to make sure that there are not any problems that would hinder your command sponsorship.
    Actually only Hannam Village and Burk Towers on Yongsan don't allow pets. Yongsan does allow pets in the other housing. However, it's only officers and E9's on Yongsan so unless you fit in those two categories then you will have to live off base to have your dog.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    Actually only Hannam Village and Burk Towers on Yongsan don't allow pets. Yongsan does allow pets in the other housing. However, it's only officers and E9's on Yongsan so unless you fit in those two categories then you will have to live off base to have your dog.
    Thanks for this!
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by amandakunis View Post

Thanks for the info. I already know that we will need offbase housing; there isn't any available where he is at. Do you know anyone who lives off-post?
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My hubby is currently at Camp Casey. Anyone have any information about that area?
    Thanks for everything so far. It's hard to get information about the area. It's always best to hear from wife's that are already in the area or who know about it.
  9. Army Wife
    Army Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0221 View Post
    My hubby is currently at Camp Casey. Anyone have any information about that area?
    Thanks for everything so far. It's hard to get information about the area. It's always best to hear from wife's that are already in the area or who know about it.
    THere is a lady on here that lives off post at Camp Casey. If you come Command Sponsored and want to live on post you will live at Yongsan.

Only E9's and O4 and above live on main post correct?