Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Korea?

1. Senior Member

Korea?

Advertisements
    I'm just curious what you all think your chances of getting Korea as your 1st duty station if you requested it. My DH is in the Signal Corps....25B (I guess there's alot of them there?) Anyway.....it just doesn't seem like it would be the most desirable location for most people, which makes me think he has a pretty good chance. But hell, I don't know how any of this works anyway. Thanks for listening/answering!
  2. .
    My husband is the same thing and just received Korea as his first duty station. So it's very possible. Is he at AIT right now?

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I *think* they hand that Korean duty like candy.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lemc81 View Post
    I *think* they hand that Korean duty like candy.
    i totally agree! we did not want overseas but it'll be an awesome experiance and DH says he likes it already! we know it comes with the army territory and its awesome that you guys requested it! i betcha that since you did they'll put him there as long as all my paper work goes through i should be over there in the next 4 months
  5. Senior Member
    Nope, he's not in AIT yet but I like to worry about things in advance lol Honestly, we have a ton of shit going on regarding my school, our house, money issues, etc. and we're both hoping he would get it. We just need another year before moving all of us. I know it'll suck with him being there and us here, but we've been informed he would be "leaving" anyway (Iraq/Afghan) so Korea also sounds more appealing right now in that respect.

Ashwee - Did your DH request it or was it just a "luck of the draw" thing?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samilove0727 View Post
    i totally agree! we did not want overseas but it'll be an awesome experiance and DH says he likes it already! we know it comes with the army territory and its awesome that you guys requested it! i betcha that since you did they'll put him there as long as all my paper work goes through i should be over there in the next 4 months
    You don't HAVE to go right? If I want to stay here, isn't that just what automatically happens unless you apply for sponsorship or something?
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You don't have to go. DH had it on his dream sheet. I think it was at the bottom but he got it.

If someone else got it and he didn't there's a possibility of them being able to switch if the other person didn't want Korea.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    M DH and I are stationed in Korea and I had gotten approved for the command sponsorship program. Which it is amazing that we get this chance to see the world. If your approved for command sponsorship your children are able to attend DODS (Department of Defense Schools) and the military will pay for your entire move to korea, passports, visas and such. They also recommend for us to not bring big items here because they do provide us with furniture.
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    DH didn't want it and got Korea straight out of AIT so it's def. a possibility )

10. Senior Member
    Thanks everyone, now I feel much better. I would LOVE to go.....anywhere for that matter. I've been totally pshyching myself up for all the places we could go to, looking at housing, etc. But we just can't do it now. I really don't know what we'll do if he can't get Korea. I'll definitely be making a trip over there though
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast