Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Bragg!

1. Junior Member

Confused Fort Bragg!

Advertisements
    We just got our orders to Fort Bragg N.C. im freaking out i have no clue what to expect anyone have some good or bad things to tell me about fort bragg? anything will help!
  2. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    I dont have any advice or anything but I wanted to say I hope you like it there!
  3. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    I loved living in Fayetteville , my hubby is from there.

The cost of living is low , most areas are nice . You are not far from FL or Myrtle Beach SC which is nice when ya want a quick gt away.

Plenty of eateries and stores to shop at.

Dont freak its a decent area to live in, plus Fort Bragg always has something going on .
  4. Currently surviving Deployment # 1
    Currently surviving Deployment # 1
    Well the scenery is nice, Fort bragg itself is a nice base, and its only like 130 miles to the beach!! BUT none of that really makes up for fayetteville. Most of the town to me personally is dangerous, I would never be caught dead in it alone after dark, hell I barely go in the daylight! Yeah there is alot of restraunts and some shopping centers but really I dont even try and go due to the amount of people. It is so surreal how overpopulated fayetteville is. Traffic is awful, accidents everywhere, and everywhere you go you are elbow to elbow with people. Sorry but I cant wait to get out of here, but I hope you enjoy it more than I did. If you need any specific questions answered youc an PM me!!
  5. Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    Reasons Fort Bragg Rocks!!!! In no particular order.... and I'm sure there are many many more.... but these girls are the only ones I've met in person!!

1. Loretta
    2. PrincessGwynn

Seek them out and get to know them!! They are awesome!
    Our perfectly, not perfect, family!
  6. lucky im in love with my best friend
    lucky im in love with my best friend
    I just moved to Fayetteville last week. I knew what i was getting into because of the visits i had taken to visit DF. So far, its not too bad. Its hotter than i like it and its busy! there is a ton of traffic and although there are a ton of places to eat, if you try to go to dinner around 7-8 pm you are gonna hafta wait. i dont really go out on my own... i get lost!
  7. Senior Member
    I understand there are some people who really like it here, but my husband and I are not those people. We hate this place and are counting the days until we are out of here. This place is overcrowded, no one knows how to drive, people are rude and inconsiderate, and despite there being a lot of restaurants and shopping, none of it is quality. It seems like everyone in this town has a huge entitlement complex and is walking around with something to prove. Hell, if you accidentally brush against someone at the grocery store, expect to get cursed out. There is a serious lack of culture around here. Out of the 17 places my dad moved throughout his Army career, Ft. Bragg was his least favorite. I completely agree with him, as does my husband.

When we are looking to get good food, shopping, or outdoor activities, we leave Fayetteville.
  8. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    I was born on Ft Bragg and lived there for 14 years of my life and just recently left. We actually got orders to go back and I couldnt be more excited! Some areas you want to stay away from, but for the most part it is a great town! I love there and can't wait to go back. Stay away from the Walmart on Skibo on Fri and Sat night. It tuns into a bad spot to be and stay off the Murc at night. The mall is fairly safe, but I still bought a taser gun because when I worked late, I hated walking out to my car with a ton of people/cars still hanging out in the parking lot.

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  9. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Yeah I agree the Murch and Bragg Blvd naturally arent great areas but every area has a not so great area so it's nothing to be alarmed about.

When we lived in NC we lived in Stedman which is about 5 miles away from Fayetteville and then we lived at the nice end of Ramsey going towards Linden.

I loved it then again im from NY where a house payment for my mom is $2600 a month and a 1 bedroom apt runs $1000 a month so when I came to Fayetteville and saw that I could get a 3brd apt for 700 a month or better yet rent a nice house for under a $1000 a month I was quite pleased.

You can always go other places on the weekend if you dont wanna be there but I swear its not as bad as some people make it.