Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TMO losing your furniture????

1. Senior Member

Help TMO losing your furniture????

Advertisements
    we just got a call. all our shipments are lost. we had BRAND NEW everything and i had a $400 unopened stroller and $300 worth of baby things, a majority of our clothes and 2 big plasma tv's. They are asking DH to bring in some form. Are we going to be reimbursed? do they just give you a flat rate for each box or take each piece into consideration? it was ALOT of furniture and not even 1 year old, ALL brand new so its not going to be cheap and i dont want to lose money on it.
    just when i thought nothing else could POSSIBLY go wrong
  2. Incubating...
    Incubating...
  3. Senior Member
    Oh no! I don't have any answers, sorry, but I hope they find your belongings. How can you lose that much stuff???

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CristinaFaye View Post
    Oh no! I don't have any answers, sorry, but I hope they find your belongings. How can you lose that much stuff???
    i honestly dont know how they could lose 5 large crates. i dont have a clue. i was wondering why it was taking so long.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Do you have renters insurance? Our stuff is covered even when moving.
  6. ~M*A*R*I*E~
    ~M*A*R*I*E~
    OMG
    I am so sorry!!!

That is incredibly irresponsible from the company that moved you....They better refund you your loss, if not...i hate to say, but take them to court!
    I hope it all works out...
    NO MORE TICKER! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS HOME FOR GOOD
  7. Senior Member
    He will take the forms into TMO that the movers gave you (the packing list that you or he signed)

Hopefully you listed serial numbers and if possible have recipets for the big items.

TMO will remburse you for each item based on depreciation value. So that is why having make/model #/serial# is very important. If you have pictures that is great as well, or a video of the house before packing out.

I'm sorry. You two have had a very rough move.
  8. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    He will take the forms into TMO that the movers gave you (the packing list that you or he signed)

Hopefully you listed serial numbers and if possible have recipets for the big items.

TMO will remburse you for each item based on depreciation value. So that is why having make/model #/serial# is very important. If you have pictures that is great as well, or a video of the house before packing out.

I'm sorry. You two have had a very rough move.
    Actually, they should get full replacement value with the new system provided they elected that option when they moved.

I agree that pictures, serial #'s, descriptions and receipts ar very important. We have a spreadsheet where we keep all of that just in case.

I'm sorry your move has been so rough.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  9. Senior Member
    thanks everyone. they listed serial numbers of everything when they moved it. DH took pictures of everything before it was moved thank God. thats good they will reimburse. I guess we'll just wait on the check for the furniture with the check for our car now i dont think we have too many receipts other than the one for the bigger plasma and the surround sound. and those are in FL. they are probably so faded you couldnt make anything oit.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMySailor4ever View Post
    OMG
    I am so sorry!!!

That is incredibly irresponsible from the company that moved you....They better refund you your loss, if not...i hate to say, but take them to court!
    I hope it all works out...
    its not the moving co its the military. it was on a ship coming here and somehow the military lost it. apparently this happened to my uncle when he was stationed in hawaii so its not just the air force
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast