Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I mistaken? -- ON POST HOUSING

1. Senior Member

Question Am I mistaken? -- ON POST HOUSING

Advertisements
    I am not sure if this one belongs in this group or somewhere else but this is the only place I could figure right now ...

Ok so my husband is deployed and when he comes back I will be moving back to Fort Bragg and we will be moving into on post housing. We are expecting our first child so it is to my understanding that since he is only E3 we are only eligible for a 2 bedroom junior enlisted home. Is this correct?

The only reason I am asking is because their is a girl that I am friends with in a similar situation, also expecting their first child, and is claiming she is eligible for a 2 story 4 bedroom house ON POST! (same duty station same rank everything same but MOS) Does this make sense? I didn't think that they would give you anything bigger than a 2br if you only had one child. If I am in the wrong here then I definitely want to call in and see about changing to a 3 bedroom home wait list, but I wanted to see if all you SOS'ers could help me first!

If you can help answer my ? that would be wonderful
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    you should be eligible for a 2 bedroom, we live in a 2 bedroom here on post and we were told that if we had a child we would still be in a 2 bedroom, and lots of my neighbors have one kid living in their two bedroom house.
  3. Senior Member
    Its all about supply and demand. Each base has different regs on how many bedrooms you get compared to how many dependents you have. I would say you might be able to get a 3 bedroom, since most houses at most bases are 3 bedrooms, less 2 bedrooms and 4 bedrooms and even less 5 bedrooms. I dont see how your friend would get a 4 bedroom, unless all 3 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms where not available and the base has a huge amount of 4 bedrooms open. Again its all supply and demand.
  4. Senior Member
    best advice is to call housing and ask them straight up what you qualify for.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
    ?
    We technically qualify for a 2 bedroom, but they have tons of extra 3 bedrooms here and no two bedrooms, so we got a three bedroom. We had one baby at the time (now another on the way). I don't see why one child would get a 4 bedroom. We were told we needed 5 kids (ours would all be below the age to get their own rooms) to get a 4 bedroom. But like a PP said, depends on the place I guess.
    ~Amanda~
    Wife to Dakota (6.25.2007)
    Mom to Reagan (9.10.2008)
    Mom to Liam (11.6.2009)
    Due with #3 December 21st
    Missing Our Three Angels (February 2010, March 2010, May 2010-twin)
  6. Senior Member
    It varies base to base. I've seen single couples be put in a two story 3 bedroom townhouse. And I've seen a family with 3 kids in a 3 bedroom. It depends what they have open

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    It varies base to base. I've seen single couples be put in a two story 3 bedroom townhouse. And I've seen a family with 3 kids in a 3 bedroom. It depends what they have open
    this......

because we were thrown into a 2 bedroom one bath when we first moved on this base when DH was an E5 and our friends who were in the same situation with same number of kids (1) ended up with a 4 bedroom......sometimes it's luck or unluck of the draw.........

we have alot of friends on base with one kid and a 4 bedroom and no kids and a 3 bedroom......plus it also depends on rank......
  8. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    So far the post I have been to people with one kid were in either older housing or housing with 2 bdrooms.

Here @ Schofield I have a friend who had 1 kid and had 3 bdrooms but her husband is also an e-8 so that could be why .
  9. Senior Member
    This girl screwed up I think when telling them what she had. She told them when asked how many dependents taht there were 3 ... but this is not true seeing that she has one baby on the way and its just her and her husband. I am assuming she screwed up when saying this and thought to say it as 3 including her and her husband. Her husband is higher in rank than mine which I did not know he is E5 however according to the FAQ online for Fort bragg housing E-1-E-5 with one minor dependent can only apply for a 2 br house! You can't get anything bigger. When I talked to the housing association they said the same so I guess for me I was correct at this base that we can only get a 2 bedroom home and so can she but she hasnt realized it yet. Who knows. THANKS!!!!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Sparks1 View Post
    This girl screwed up I think when telling them what she had. She told them when asked how many dependents taht there were 3 ... but this is not true seeing that she has one baby on the way and its just her and her husband. I am assuming she screwed up when saying this and thought to say it as 3 including her and her husband. Her husband is higher in rank than mine which I did not know he is E5 however according to the FAQ online for Fort bragg housing E-1-E-5 with one minor dependent can only apply for a 2 br house! You can't get anything bigger. When I talked to the housing association they said the same so I guess for me I was correct at this base that we can only get a 2 bedroom home and so can she but she hasnt realized it yet. Who knows. THANKS!!!!
    When housing is assigned it will be according to the number of dependents the military member has on his/her records, so it doesn't matter how many someone 'tells' them, it goes by the records.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast